Scotland, New year.

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
colin7673
now normal...

Scotland, New year.

Post by colin7673 »

Our thanks go to Mitch Fraser for the New Year Eve photos' and that we meet Mitch and his wife Margaret over the New Year. Also it was good that Peter and Jane Tulea joined Mark and Dense, Diane and myself. A good time was had.

Mark, Dense and Diane feeding the Wild Deer at The kings House Hotel, Glenco.

Now outside of the cafe up Ben Nevis ( It was so Cold -9c )

And New Years Eve Night.

It's a great place to spend New Years Eve. That good, we have booked for year.
Recommend this to anybody.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
brendan

Post by brendan »

Bloody hell don’t the lads scrub up well.

Although Marks letting the side down without a dickey.:wink:
8926 136/8195 BJM 639
Kieron
Co-Administrator

Post by Kieron »

Although Marks letting the side down without a dickey
did you mean it that way!??? :lol:
1968 Interceptor Mk 1 115/3012
1971 FF MK 2 127/284
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

CHEEKY BITCH!!!!!!!

In case anybody was wondering about Diane with that carrot in her mouth,it was'nt that she got to it before rhe deer, more to show just how tame they can be when they get used to you.

This really is Jensen country with some of the best driving to be found anywhere.The Kings House Hotel where the Deer photos were taken is just off the A82 Glencoe road and is the oldest hostelry in Scotland.It featured in Hitchcocks 1935 Classic 'The 39 Steps' and has'nt changed much since that time.For those who enjoy walking :shock: ,the whole area is a ramblers paradise.

I mentioned to Colin that this would be the perfect setting for a week long tour by the JOC,probably in late Summer 2010.I already have several routes in mind with hotels at strategic points along the way.In addition,this would be a wonderful opportunity to meet some of the far flung Scottish JOC members.I would be interested to hear what forum members think about this idea.

Looking forward to your comments,

Pie Man 8)
Jazz and Jensens.There is a God
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

Looks like a lot of fun, I thought Diane was pretending to be a snowman in that photo.

Mike
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Mark Maniatt wrote:I mentioned to Colin that this would be the perfect setting for a week long tour by the JOC,probably in late Summer 2010.I already have several routes in mind with hotels at strategic points along the way.In addition,this would be a wonderful opportunity to meet some of the far flung Scottish JOC members.I would be interested to hear what forum members think about this idea.

Looking forward to your comments,

Pie Man 8)
Fantastic idea. Assuming my FF is back on the road then count me in.
I did the far north coast road and the north west around Ullapool etc a few years back and had a wonderful time.

Zac
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

Mark Maniatt wrote:... more to show just how tame they can be when they get used to you....
Diane?

Ahhh, I forgot, my resolution ... but this is not a technical thread, is it? Mark has posted here ...
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

JENS!!!BEHAVE!!!

Thanks for your interest Zac.The driving in Scotland really is something else.I have had PM's from others that would be interested so it looks like a definite work in progress from here on.

As I said above,a bonus would be that the Scottish JOC members who I suspect may at times feel a little left out, would have the perfect chance to get involved with a major club event,something I consider of great importance.In addition,this would answer the complaints from members who dislike the parking up in fields type events so often a necessary part of the club calender.

Before anyone hits me with the fuel cost to get north of the border argument,well,It is what it is I'm afraid.I have no answer to that one.That said,if you intend making this event then you have getting on for two years to put your petrol money to one side.I in turn will as always negotiate the very best hotel rates etc; on your behalf.Dont forget,I'm not loaded either :(

I will keep you posted as to progress now that I know there is genuine interest.By the way,German members are most welcome to take part :lol: (ARE YOU OUT THERE JENS??????)

Best to all,

Pie Man 8)
Jazz and Jensens.There is a God
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
CJ

Post by CJ »

Excellent,,,,,sounds good.

CJ.
He who dies with the most toys wins.
Ex Interceptor 111 owner
Arvor 730 Pilothouse
Mercedes E63 Wagon