Newport - Tredegar House Show

Post advance news of events you will be attending
Richie
V8 Lover

Newport - Tredegar House Show

Post by Richie »

Tredegar House Show "“ September 21st 2008

As "˜the season’ has not even started yet, it seems more than a little odd to be discussing what for many in the South Wales and surrounding area at least, is the event that marks the close of the season - the fabulous Tredegar House show, held annually in September.

Set in a beautiful 90 acre park to include a boating lake, Tredegar House is one of the best examples of a 17th century Charles II mansion in Britain, with the earliest surviving part of the building dating back to the early 1500’s. For one glorious day in September however, part of the beautiful gardens are complemented by a vast range of around 1500 classic cars, trucks, bikes, military vehicles and traction engines "“ last year even included a hover craft, though sadly "˜health and safety’ prevented this taking to the water. In addition, a classic car auction takes place and a good number of autojumble and other assorted stores plus various displays and attractions surround the site.

In 2003, though a couple of cars were to be seen lurking amongst the eclectic exhibits, the JOC did not have a stand at this event. By 2006, this had all changed and we had a fabulous 18 displayed on our own stand and, despite the clash with the German trip last year, we still displayed a very impressive 12. The Tredegar House show is one of the largest car shows in the South Wales and surrounding area and I’d love to make 2008 our record setting year and fly the Jensen flag ever higher. Come along and share the fun. Tredegar House is very easily reached with access at the Junction 28 exit roundabout of the M4. Entry needs to be pre-booked using the form below, or by all means please just give me a call. In either case, please let me know of your attendance so that I can ensure that the organisers allocate a big enough section of the park. I look forward to seeing as many as possible later in the year and hope that prior to September you all have a fun Spring and Summer making maximum use of your Jensen, hopefully also entering it into concours at the International in June.

Richard Streeter
concours@joc.org.uk

Download Entry Form:

http://www.joc.org.uk/tred.pdf

Return to “Events”