Chrome Bumper Companies in Devon

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
cdlewis

Chrome Bumper Companies in Devon

Post by cdlewis »

Good Afternoon,

I need to get the front bumper of my CV8 rechromed and would appreciate any guidance and recommendation as to a firm local to me here in Sunny Devon.

Many thanks,
regards,
Andrew.

P.S- apologies for forgetting to respond to my previous post, the car is now running fine and the alternator is re-charging my battery-a schoolboy error on my behalf, the new alternator I fitted needed a seperate earth strap.
zacmarshall

Re: Chrome Bumper Companies in Devon

Post by zacmarshall »

Bit further afield but I have used S&T in Yate, South Glos and been very happy with them. I helped an overseas member pick his item up, it wasn't quite right and they sorted it out without problems.

If I go for re-chroming rather than stainless for my C-V8 bumpers that is where I will take them.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

All 3 of my Jensens were rechromed by S&T plate - at the recommendation of the late Colin Holley. The only downside was:

1. The turnaround time was at least 6 months.

2. On pick up, the items were individually wrapped - so there’s a leap of faith that all the items are to the standard expected. In my experience, on subsequent scrutiny, there may be one item on the cusp of failing quality control - but we each have different standards.

If you want concours standard rechroming, Derby Plating were renown for quality. S&T from my experience provide a quality output at a fair (but not cheap!) price - with bumpers etc receiving a heavy Copper plating…..so unlike some bumpers they feel substantial as well as shiny! They also carry out repairs - but this adds to the price. So swapping smaller items for better examples may work out cheaper.
DPP

Post by DPP »

Chroming seems to have jumped massively in price over the last couple of years, but then again hasnt everything.
Local to you is SMB who I would strongly advise you avoid, they may be cheap but lack any quality control.

I now always use Derby Plating who are probably the most expensive but I have never had a problem with anything
and the quality of work is outstanding. I have never used S&T but have heard good things about them.

It is usual to wait at least 12 weeks for chroming so may be a job for the winter season if your car is running.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
cdlewis

Post by cdlewis »

Good Morning everyone ,

I do appreciate your guidance and advice and if the lead times are going to be long, I'll wait until the winter time.

Many thanks again,
regards,
Andrew.

Happy Motoring in the sunshine.

Return to “General Discussion”