New member, 75 interceptor convertible

Here's where to post photos of your cars. We all want to see your Jensens!
Fat Roofer

Re: New member, 75 interceptor convertible

Post by Fat Roofer »

Series3Jensen wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:16 am Hi

Thank you for confirming the Chassis No on your car

A small amount of information for you

2310/1554 recorded by Richard Calver but actually 2311/1554
Ex Factory 03.1975
Engine No 5C00080
Originally Yellow with a Black Interior and a Black/Mushroom Soft Top
Black Coach Lines
Exported new to the USA

Sold in the USA 13.11.2017 for $35,000

Reimported to the UK
Re-registered AGU 857 N
Sold at Historics Auction 19.05.2018 for £45,280

Was on the JOC Facebook 18.02.2022

Are you a JOC Member and would you let me have your Membership No for my records - PM if you prefer

Enjoy the car

Regards

Jim Smith
JOC Mem No 1639
136/8791 RJF 17 Owned since September 1978
An engine very close to my own then, mine being 5C00084 but my car left the factory 4 months after this car..... 🤷🏻‍♂️
Owner of:
Jensen interceptor 3 chassis 2240/1566
Renault 5 GTTurbo
BMW E39 530i
Mazda CX-5
BMW E87
Dino Fritz

Post by Dino Fritz »

Thanks so much for the photos, especially showing the work to reinstall a new hood. It actually looks like they made a new panel to sit on top of the header rail (amazing how much work that they put into the fitting).

You also mentioned that you had an electrician work on the car who was a Lynx expert. I know that in the late 1980's, the Jensen Car Company engaged Lynx to trial a "new" roof for the Interceptor Convertible, but the company wasn't happy with the end product and refit an original roof instead. It would be curious to know if the Lynx expert actually happened to work at Lynx, and knows about the revised Jensen convertible top?

I'm currently restoring a Jensen Interceptor Convertible, so I may bug you for some more photos if you have any.

Regards,
Dino Fritz
Adelaide, South Australia

'74 Interceptor Saloon (9480)
'74 Interceptor Convertible (9501)
Jensens.........when does it ever end!
adamleamy

Post by adamleamy »

Hi, Samdeebee;

I'm not sure how I missed your post, but I did. It's a great post with pictures and it's a lovely, lovely car. Please do keep making contributions like that -- they are invaluable.

And in receiving replies from Julian, Dave Pearce, Slotcarone, Rocky, VFK44, Jim Smith, Fat Roofer, and Dino, you've had input from some of the most helpful, knowledgeable, and generous members of the JOC, and more than a few who have and have worked on Convertibles. My car continues to be on the road because of their guidance and support and, if I'm honest, I'm still on two feet because I listened to their safety advice, too -- sometimes my enthusiasm for a job can get ahead of me. :)

Again, a lovely car -- thank you for letting us be a part of some tremendous work that has turned out so very well.

Sincerely,

Adam
Adam J. Leamy
Victoria, BC
Canada
1975 Interceptor Convertible
2311-1635

Return to “Members' Cars”