Importing car to Australia

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
pcampi

Importing car to Australia

Post by pcampi »

Hi

Has anyone here imported a JI into Australia? And if so, which Shipping company did they uses (was it any good)?
colin7673
now normal...

Re: Importing car to Australia

Post by colin7673 »

pcampi wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:38 am Hi

Has anyone here imported a JI into Australia? And if so, which Shipping company did they uses (was it any good)?
5 JOC memebers shipped their cars to the USA 5 years ago and they used a company called 2W Global. https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com

Very professional, very approachable.

But they will have rules on shipping, which you will have to follow.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Dino Fritz

Post by Dino Fritz »

Hi,

Yup, I imported an Interceptor Convertible back in early 2022 into Adelaide, South Australia from the UK - it's not an easy (or cheap) task, but we got there in the end.

Having sourced the car from Andy Brooks, he did some minor works and added in some spare parts ("came with the car squire, no added duty...."), and in the meantime, I spoke to a few JCCA club members who had recently imported some cars, and they recommended a company called Personal Import (Dominic Bonasia, Mobile: 0412880925, www.personalimport.com.au ), based in Qld.

Dominic talked me through the entire process, gave me all of the forms, and then liaised with Andy to have the car sent to Survey Services in the UK (David Sollis - nice guy too...) for an asbestos check and report https://www.survey-services.co.uk/ . Communications between the three of them was flawless, and we got there in the end (Dominic even arranged to have car delivered to my door).

All went well in my case, but not cheap (I don't think it's fair to say what I paid in a public forum - no doubt things may have gone up in two years, but PM me if you'd like any more details).

Cheers,
Dino Fritz
Adelaide, South Australia

'74 Interceptor Saloon 2241/9480
'74 Interceptor Convertible 2240/9501
Jensens.........when does it ever end!
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Tony Cope has certainly imported car(s) into Australia and he's worth chatting to.
He's the current President of the JCCA (Jensen Car Club of Australia) as well as the Australian rep for the UK based JOC.
I'm sure he'd be happy to offer friendly advice.
I don't think he's very active on the forum currently but I'll give him a nudge to check here to see if he is able to assist you with advice.
Are you a member of the JCCA? If not, it'd be worth joining to ensure free and accurate advice.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
OzJensen
Location: Sydney Australia - after a great few years in the UK!

Post by OzJensen »

Thanks for the nudge Martin - I do not check the Forum frequently enough - my bad. I used Dominic as well to import a Bentley Continental GT so recommend exactly what Dino Frtiz states.
Tony Cope
JCCA President, JOC Australian Rep
Sydney

CV-8 Mk3 112/2382 ex UK 1973 to USA now Oz
Interceptor Mk 2 123/3957 ex UK 1974 now Oz

M: +61 448 400 160
E: tonywcope@gmail.com
E: president@jcca.org.au
E: australia@joc.org.uk

Return to “General Discussion”