SOUTHDOWNS PLANS FOR 2024 LAID BARE!

see inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events etc

Moderator: david wright

david wright

SOUTHDOWNS PLANS FOR 2024 LAID BARE!

Post by david wright »

Hi Everybody,
Spring is coming, rather slowly, but there’s still time for some winter activities. A brief discussion at the White Horse in February has led to me inviting you all to bring examples of collecting hobbies that you may enjoy, especially when the weather doesn’t allow our cars out. We’ve got postcards, cigarette cards, model cars, and brochures coming, but there are other collecting themes out there, so come on, come and tell us, and show us your treasured possessions, you never know you may learn something, or even swap something!

The Drive It Day list is growing – 21st April, and all Jensens converging on Borde Hill Gardens, from every point of the compass! See their website -
https://bordehill.co.uk/events/drive-it-day-jensen/
I now have 17 cars and members already confirmed to come, 30 cars can be accommodated. I’d particularly like to see more C-V8 owners, early Interceptor owners and S-V8 owners.

The visit to Jentree is now on for Wednesday 5th June – arrive for coffee, then lunch on the way back. more details to follow, but do let me know if you can come, and hopefully we’ll have some Jensens there – I’m awaiting details of how many we can park up!

There is enthusiasm for another Picnic on the Downs, so this will be on Sunday, 7th July, on Kithurst Hill, meeting there from 5.00pm. When it starts to get chilly, you’re welcome back oat our house, just down the road in Storrington, for coffee and cake. A map of the location will be sent out nearer the time.

I’ve now booked my entry into the Amberley Museum Classic Car show on 13th July, and have asked that we have space for 3-4 additional Jensens. We will need to drive in together to guarantee this, so please let me know if you wish to come.

We’ve now settled on 22nd August for our Annual BBQ – with excellent catering from Simon and Beth Johnson, at the White Horse – 7.00pm onwards – names please!
Regarding other events for 2024, we have 10 spaces at the Floral Fringe Fair, now held at Loxwood, near Billingshurst, on 31st August, 2024. 4 cars and their drivers have expressed a wish to come already, including that FF.

We’re working on the idea of a Treasure Hunt in a local village, rounding up with lunch at the pub.

Cranleigh Registration is now open as of today, and when you are registering please select Jensen Owners Club from the drop-down menu to enter your club ! They will then keep me informed of total for the club stand. I’ve booked!

Capel have also opened their registration today, and it will be the same as last year, so please enter Jensen Owners Club when you register. I have booked my ticket, and provisionally reserved 8 places, so please let me know when you’ve booked – we can expand if need arise! Please note – Capel have asked that you tell any supporters or members of the public that for them the show opens at 12.00, as it helps to not fill the area with pedestrians when cars are rolling in.

Our next Monthly meet will be Thursday 21st March, as always at the White Horse at Maplehurst, 7.00pm, onwards.

We look forward to seeing you there,

David and Chris
01903 746101

Planned Events 2024

21st April – Drive It Day run to Borde Hill Gardens
5th June - Visit to Jentree, near Chailey, Lewes, for coffee and visit to the workshops
7th July - Picnic on the Downs – Kithurst Hill
13th July - Amberley Classic Car Show
11th August – Cranleigh Classic Car Show – Registration now open
17th August – Capel Classic Car Show – an event not to be missed – we’ll have a club stand there – let me know if you’re interested – Registration now open
22nd August – JOC White Horse BBQ - 7.00pm onwards – the famed cooking of Simon and Beth Johnson at its best!
31st August – Floral Fringe Fair Loxwood – a fascinating, eclectic and very busy country fair, with a Jensen display!
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
Vast Collection of Models of British sports cars.

Return to “South Downs Area”