H&H auction: 1931 AJS - Jensen touer

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Dion

H&H auction: 1931 AJS - Jensen touer

Post by Dion »

Chassis number D2 was produced in rolling-chassis form in 1931, being purchased from AJS by Chamberlain, King, & Jones, the Birmingham distributor for AJS cars. Jensen brothers, bodybuilders in the early 1900s (and early formation of the well-renowned Jensen Motors Limited), were then paid, to design and build a suitable open four-seater Sports model. Registered new as ‘OJ 59’, chassis D2 was displayed at the 1932 London Motor Show, but unfortunately, with AJS entering administration in 1932, Jensen had to use other manufacturers to source alternative rolling chassis for their growing business. This example is thus the only AJS-Jensen manufactured.
Auction March 13

20059438-37.jpg
20059438-37.jpg (432.25 KiB) Viewed 220 times
The future ain’t what it used to be.

Interceptor Mk1 LHD & RHD
GT LHD
MikeWilliams
Early Cars Expert

Re: H&H auction: 1931 AJS - Jensen touer

Post by MikeWilliams »

The one I was aware of was OJ 59 when built, so presumably the numberplate was changed at some point. As the text says, I am sure there was only ever one. Chamberlain bought remaining chassis from AJS and finished them himself, including just this one bodied by Jensen. AJS owners seem to disassociate themselves from Chamberlain-built cars, one getting very agitated with me a few years back when he insisted there was NEVER a Jensen bodied AJS!

Mike
Mike
(former JOC Early Cars Registrar)
(former owner of 116/3328 and P66)
Still own 1938 Jensen HL1 drophead

Return to “Cars For Sale”