Interceptor MkIII rims on MkII

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
jvcarrier

Re: Interceptor MkIII rims on MkII

Post by jvcarrier »

My FF111 does not use spacers?
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

G-man is right on the money. I decided to change the wolfrace rims on our (dads) Mk11 for the GKN's that had been the only restored properly part on a Mk111 we (he) also had bought (without me and was a total Keith ie Lemon) I did this on a whim when back from school to surprise dad on his return home, So when we went swimming all was well till the hard left hander top of our road and the grim grinding noise highlighted my total youthful best intent!
This was left till the lathe that was the top jonnies (wishbone) had skimmed enough to make the same journey silent- Which wasn't much taken off, but wasn't, looking back ideal!
Still, It went like that for years, was as G said, very early old bus. Still one of the greatest drivers ever on the firm, reliability personified- my fault he sold it!!!
IMG_1096.JPG
IMG_1096.JPG (385.21 KiB) Viewed 90 times
Attachments
IMG_1097.JPG
IMG_1097.JPG (336.7 KiB) Viewed 90 times
abryuzgin

Post by abryuzgin »

Grant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:53 pm
abryuzgin wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:56 pm Gentlemen, thank you very much for your suggestions and resolutions& I will definitely try thin spacers. Thank you very much again!
Hi Alex..Have you taken the wheel off yet to see what is actually touching the rim, you should see scrape marks on whatever is touching the rim, I would be very thankful if you could let us know please AlexImage, and if possible..take a pic and post it up, we say here(or I doImage) "Picture or it didn't happen"Image..With kindness..GrantImage
No, I had no chance to take rims off as car is still in Germany waiting the carrier truck to move it to Moscow. I will check the wheels and calipers carefully then. Just to let you know I did nuts & bolts restoration with 100% original spec'ed parts. And original rims fit very well.

Regards,
Alexander

Return to “General Discussion”