Ex- JOC members using the forum.

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Mark1Stu

Ex- JOC members using the forum.

Post by Mark1Stu »

I was expecting the fact I’ve not renewed my JOC membership to result in denied access to the Members Only section of the forum and the change in status to be signified by my user name reverting to the colour Blue.

Just a reminder should one be necessary.

Stu
Dominic22

Re: Ex- JOC members using the forum.

Post by Dominic22 »

I am JOC member in my second year. I dont think I can see the memebers only section (never have) does it have to be enabled or am i missing it's location
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Don’t worry, it’s not a very active section tbh - nor is it necessarily a source of feedback from the Committee if you ask a specific question. Particularly if the question is something which they do not concur with or causes a feeling of embarrassment or annoyance.

That said, and the above is of course only my opinion from experience, you can access the Members Only section by logging on (see top of page) where you insert your user name and password. There’s also a box which you tick if you want to stay logged on when you revisit the forum.

Hope this helps and you enjoy the full benefits of membership.

Stuart
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Dominic22 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:50 am I am JOC member in my second year. I dont think I can see the memebers only section (never have) does it have to be enabled or am i missing it's location
Apologies Dominic22, I have just updated your profile so that as a JOC member, you may now access the "Members Only" section.
I'm not sure how this was overlooked.
Regards, Martin.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
David Davies

Post by David Davies »

It may be worth checking against the membership records regularly as other JOC members are shown on the forum as non-members, eg me. Not loosing any sleep about it though.
Jensen S-Type Tourer 1938 S44
Alvis Speed 25 SC Charlesworth Saloon 1938
Mercedes CL 600 V12 2001
Used to own 1938 S-Type Tourer S34, CV8 MkII 104/2229 and CV8 MkIII 112/2457
Author of Jensen: The Surviving 3 1/2 & 4 1/4 Litre Cars
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

David Davies wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:03 pm It may be worth checking against the membership records tegularly as other JOC members are shown on the forum as non-members, eg me. Not loosing any sleep about it though.
Active memberships are supposed to be linked to profile on the Forum, and that is showing Dominic22 as an active JOC member. I will check your details too David :-)
**I just checked and you're not showing much info at all David. I will have to leave it to someone more IT experienced to check your status & access.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905

Return to “General Discussion”