Mark Wright's Healey II on display this weekend at the Classic Motor Show

Here's where to post photos of your cars. We all want to see your Jensens!
zacmarshall

Mark Wright's Healey II on display this weekend at the Classic Motor Show

Post by zacmarshall »

This is Mark Wrights 1974 Jensen-Healey which will be on the JOC Stand in Hall 1 at the Classic Motor Show this weekend.

Mark and the car now

As bought at auction in 1999

Jensen Healey WEA 30M

Date of Registration 15th October 1973

Engine Number A73093882

Chassis Number 13677

Colour Red

Engine: Lotus 907 Cylinder Capacity 1973cc

I purchased WEA30M from an auction in Telford in June 1999, I had never seen a Jensen Healey before that day, went to buy a Mk2 Cortina and ended up with a Healey! This begins my foray into Jensen ownership!

I ran the car briefly before taking a closer look at it; this revealed a multitude of previous rust repairs that needed addressing properly!

I contacted the previous owner to the person who auctioned it (he only kept it 18 months) who advised me she owned the car for some 20 years and filled me in on some of the history (her letter enclosed); her parter who was use to working on Lagonda's rebuilt the engine and a previous restoration confirmed that all 4 wings had been renewed.

I bought another Healey for spares, but ended up restoring and using that for some years whilst, with a house move and renovations WEA languished at the back of the garage under a cover!

In 2007 after the house move, WEA was sent off to Green Lane Classics in Redditch, they completed the bodywork repairs and resprayed the complete car.

But with a new house and full time career I still had no time to complete WEA (also buying a Morris Minor didn't help!).

In 2020, with early retirement looming which coinciding with the first Covid lockdown (!!) I was reinvigorated to eventually complete WEA and I had the time to get the car mechanically restored and fitted out, upgrading some aspects such as upgraded Springs from Delta Motorsports in the USA. Another interesting aspect is the wood veneer dash which also came from America! To improve running, I have fitted a 123 Electronic Ignition.

So fast forward 22 years in 2021 and WEA 30M passed its first MOT in 23 years, flying through it.

One of the first trips out was to the Gaydon at the JOC Healey meeting.

There are still some jobs to do, I have a set of Anti Roll bars to fit, an Overdrive gearbox that needs refurbishing, but for now WEA has returned to the road after 25 years of ownership.

Mark Wright
JOC 9885

Restoration at Green Lane Classics back in 2007

C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Martin R

Re: Mark Wright's Healey II on display this weekend at the Classic Motor Show

Post by Martin R »

Mark hasn't changed at all since 1999 ! Nice to have a J-H on the stand 8)
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905

Return to “Members' Cars”