Richard Calver Books - Final Global Sale - Order Now!

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
OzJensen
Location: Sydney Australia - after a great few years in the UK!

Richard Calver Books - Final Global Sale - Order Now!

Post by OzJensen »

To preserve Richard Calver’s book legacy, the Jensen Car Club of Australia (JCCA) has bought all Richard Calver’s unsold Jensen books from his estate and the books are to be stored in a secure commercial facility.

The focus of the JCCA is to get Richard’s books into the hands of Jensen enthusiasts globally so prices are now significantly discounted to sell the books quickly and avoid future storage fees. Once they are sold they are gone for good – so please do not delay in ordering.

The high quality deeply researched books are listed below in Australian dollars and exclude p&p:

• Jensen Service Bulletins – covers Jensen C-V8 (later models), Interceptor and FF Service Bulletins compiling Service Bulletins from 1963 to 1976. Fascinating reading for the technically (and not so technically) minded as to the issues and fixes of our favourite cars. Hardcover AU$15

• All The Models - for an easy to read story of Jensen in all its glory is a history of the firm and all its products including commercial models and cars made for other manufacturers. All The Models was voted Book of the Month by Octane magazine and New Zealand Classic Car in March 2008, and Book of the Year for 2008 by the prestigious British motoring journal Classic & Sportscar. Hardcover with Slip Case AU$60 and Softcover AU$25

• Original Interceptor & FF – the detailed ins and outs of these models are covered in the first guide to the detail changes across all the different variants. Call it the anorak’s delight or the restorer’s dream but it is a wealth of information for all enthusiasts. In short supply so order quickly. Hardcover AU$120 (limit one per customer)

• Jensen Genome – released in 2019, this is the ultimate book on all Jensens ever made and a significant update to the original Chassis Data Book. The Jensen Genome now also includes commercial models and the S-V8. Be warned - this is a 5kg book and a must for all Jensen enthusiasts! Hardcover AU$100

Please order from the JCCA Club Shop https://shop.jcca.org.au/books and please do not delay – once they are all sold they are gone for good.

Please note books will be posted from mid November 2023 onwards.

Limited stocks will also be available on the JOC Stand at the NEC 10 to 12 November.
Tony Cope
JCCA President, JOC Australian Rep
Sydney

CV-8 Mk3 112/2382 ex UK 1973 to USA now Oz
Interceptor Mk 2 123/3957 ex UK 1974 now Oz

M: +61 448 400 160
E: tonywcope@gmail.com
E: president@jcca.org.au
E: australia@joc.org.uk
OzJensen

Re: Richard Calver Books - Final Global Sale - Order Now!

Post by OzJensen »

A number of potential buyers have asked me the p&p costs. This is calculated automatically by Australia Post on the JCCA Club Shop website - the size and weight of books are loaded for Australia Post to calculate. To check p&p costs add books you wish to buy to the cart, then go to the cart and click the shipping estimate button. Please note that Richard's books are published on heavy quality paper and for example the Genome weighs 5kg!

There are not many Originality Guides and All The Models Slipcased left so please do not delay ordering.
Tony Cope
Sydney

David Davies

Post by David Davies »

Ordering was very easy on the JCCA website with the cost of the shipping options popping up. Decided I needed a slipcase version of All The Models to honour Richard’s wonderful work and a copy of the Original Interceptor and FF to finally understand what’s what on those models. Always been hazy on what changed when. Shipping from Oz is high but so what.

Well done JCCA for organing all this.
Jensen S-Type Tourer 1938 S44
Alvis Speed 25 SC Charlesworth Saloon 1938
Mercedes CL 600 V12 2001
Used to own 1938 S-Type Tourer S34, CV8 MkII 104/2229 and CV8 MkIII 112/2457
Author of Jensen: The Surviving 3 1/2 & 4 1/4 Litre Cars
OzJensen

Post by OzJensen »

David - really appreciate your postive feedback - thank you!

And orders have been flooding in from all around the globe - great that Richard Calver's pearls of wisdom are getting into Jensen enthusiats hands globally!
Tony Cope
Sydney

wilde

Post by wilde »

Hello Tony, it's my first post here. I'm new in the Jensen world and I have just acquired the last Mk1 (or Mk1.5) built. I ordered the whole batch of Calver's books. I live in France and choosed "economy sea". Do you think it's a mistake ? I've read on the Australian Post website that it will take 2 or 3 months delivery !

Regards, Charles

PS : I have sent you a PM about another subject.
rmangroo

Post by rmangroo »

Hello everyone,

Just to follow up on Tony post,

The JOC UK regalia shop has a few books in stock for Richard Calver.

I have marked them out of stock for the moment as Royal Mail decided they could wait for our return from the USA and have sent 1/2 the books back to the JCCA.

However, I have the following in stock and they will be at the NEC this coming week 10-12 Nov. If you are planning a visit and would like a copy - Please e-mail me at
regalia@joc.org.uk and mark it RC_NEC order as the subject heading
Please note our prices will be different to the JCCA as our shipping cost will be less when shipping to EU or the UK. Some EU countries do however have import cost which we will include on the shipping prices if ordered online.

All order placed for the NEC is for collection only.

6x Genome
5x Original Interceptor / FF
3x Service Bulletin
8x All the model softcover

Kind regards Raj
Raj Mangroo (She/Her)
JOC Regalia Secretary, regalia@joc.org.uk
JOC IT Officer, it@joc.org.uk
OzJensen

Post by OzJensen »

If you did not get your Richard Calver books from Raj at the NEC there is still time to order to get your books in time for Christmas!

The response to the Final Global Sale has been huge with over 300 books now despatched to all corners of the globe - thank you for all your orders!

Some books are now getting low on stock with a limit of one per order for the Originality Guide, and stock levels of the Genome and the slipcased hardcover All the Models are reducing rapidly.

If you order Airmail before Tuesday 28 November (two weeks from now) your books should arrive well in time for Christmas - so please do not delay and order now.

Once they are sold they are gone for good as the cost to reprint is far higher than the current sell prices – so please do not delay in ordering.

The high quality deeply researched books are listed below in Australian dollars and exclude p&p:

Jensen Service Bulletins – covers Jensen C-V8 (later models), Interceptor and FF Service Bulletins compiling Service Bulletins from 1963 to 1976. Fascinating reading for the technically (and not so technically) minded as to the issues and fixes of our favourite cars. Hardcover AU$15

All The Models - for an easy to read story of Jensen in all its glory is a history of the firm and all its products including commercial models and cars made for other manufacturers. All The Models was voted Book of the Month by Octane magazine and New Zealand Classic Car in March 2008, and Book of the Year for 2008 by the prestigious British motoring journal Classic & Sportscar. Hardcover with Slip Case AU$60 and Softcover AU$25

Original Interceptor & FF – the detailed ins and outs of these models are covered in the first guide to the detail changes across all the different variants. Call it the anorak’s delight or the restorer’s dream but it is a wealth of information for all enthusiasts. In short supply so order quickly. Hardcover AU$120 (limit one per customer)

Jensen Genome – released in 2019, this is the ultimate book on all Jensens ever made and a significant update to the original Chassis Data Book. The Jensen Genome now also includes commercial models and the S-V8. Be warned - this is a 5kg book and a must for all Jensen enthusiasts! Hardcover AU$100

Please order from the JCCA Club Shop https://shop.jcca.org.au/books and please do not delay – once they are all sold they are gone for good.

Thanks for your support in preserving Richard Calver's Jensen legacy.

Tony
Tony Cope
Sydney

David Davies

Post by David Davies »

My Original Int/FF and Slipcase All The Models (to sit alongside my well-thumbed paperback version) will arrive at 5pm by carrier pigeon, having flown the 25,000 (?) miles from Oz. Exciting. The Genome at just over £50 is the most extraordinary bargain (got one already so resisted the temptation to buy another). Anyone who misses out on that will sorely regret it in years to come. If I had an Interceptor the Service Bulletins at 15 Oz Dollars would be a must.

What a cracking job the JCCA has done! Someone has been very busy packing.
Mercedes CL 600 V12 2001
Mick g

Post by Mick g »

Placed my order, I can’t wait! How quick is Express postage? Michael :D
Vauxhall Astra 4S
Denis

Post by Denis »

Hello, please can you advice me with shipment - I want to buy multiple books, but what I see is the postal costs not combined, so every book adds distinctive price.

So, I want to buy next books:

Interceptor and FF 1 pcs.
All the Jensens 1 pcs
Jensen Genome 1 pcs
Service bulletins 3 pcs.

I live in Estonia, Tallinn, what cuould be shipping cost? How can we combine it?

Best regards,

Denis
Love classic cars!
David Davies

Post by David Davies »

Michael, my books arrived in six days after despatch using the Express Service
Mercedes CL 600 V12 2001
OzJensen

Post by OzJensen »

David - thanks for your kind words - and yes last week I spent five days solid packing and driving up to the Post Office every morning with a fully loaded Range Rover! Needless to say my arms and back are telling me they are not used to such work!

Michael - Express Post is apparently six to ten days - amazing considering how far the books have to travel!

Denis - we have communicated by PM - thanks for you order from Estonia - I will pack it with the many other pre-Christmas orders that have flooded in within the last 24 hours!

Cheers

Tony
Tony Cope
Sydney

OzJensen

Post by OzJensen »

All,

I am getting many enquiries about what the postage cost will be - before you place your order you can get the postage cost estimate from the JCCA Club Shop using the relevant button as the JCCA Club Shop has a live feed from Australia Post.

Some comments have been made that the book cost is not much different to the overseas postage cost. Yes this is true as:
1.) the books are being sold very cheaply (well below cost) and
2.) the books are high quality and weigh a lot - the Genome is 5kg and Service Bulletins 2.1Kg plus weight of packaging

The key message is that if you plan to order please do so asap as once these books are gone they are gone for good. And ordering Airmail before 28 November will get you excellent reading in time for Christmas!

Tony
Tony Cope
Sydney

Mick g

Post by Mick g »

David Davies wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:11 pm Michael, my books arrived in six days after despatch using the Express Service
That’s amazing considering the distance, I was hoping it would be here before Xmas as it’s my present to me :D
Vauxhall Astra 4S
Jenfan

Post by Jenfan »

I ordered a copy of the Genome on 3rd Nov. I don’t know when it was dispatched as I’m sure they are very busy but I’ve just been notified that it’s due to arrive at my house in the UK today. I just paid for the basic shipping so great service in my opinion. Thanks and well done to JCCA!

Return to “General Discussion”