Great Sadness - RIP John Barker

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
shaun

Great Sadness - RIP John Barker

Post by shaun »

I learnt today of the sad passing of John Barker.

Well known in Jensen circles along with his "side kick" Graham Bagnall, the two had been involved with the marque for many years through the Jen Centre, Rejen and latterly Culverland Classics.

A true gentleman, immense source of knowledge and a really lovely person to know.

I remember him ringing me when my car was undergoing surgery, The call started "Hi Shaun. Do you want the good news or the bad news?" I said "What is the good news?" The answer "Well the sun is out here...." The rest they say is history.

RIP John.
Attachments
DSC07599.JPG
DSC07599.JPG (259.22 KiB) Viewed 486 times
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
Mark1Stu

Re: Great Sadness - RIP John Barker

Post by Mark1Stu »

Sorry to hear of John’s passing Shaun. I first remember meeting John at REJEN about 20 years ago. Always good fun and helpful….even if he did buy the MK1 steering wheel from Jason from under my nose!

RIP John.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Oh how sad, I spoke to John about 18months ago and he said he wasn't well, I then went down to see him, Graham was away in Germany and John wasn't there, He then called me and asked if it was me that had been there as the neighbors described me, I didn't want to ask him on the phone of his troubles so thought I would just turn up and talk to him face to face, but as said he wasn't there, I never did get back to him and now look! :( O'god how sad :(
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Mike L

Post by Mike L »

Although I only met John for about four days in person, we made a strong connection. I looked forward to seeing him when I came back over. He went too soon. Very sad.
CV8 MK1 104/2004
CV8 MK1 104/2035
Jensen Healey 1110/14162
garyc

Post by garyc »

Very sad news......great bloke
Condolences to his family and friends
Garyc
JamesE

Post by JamesE »

Sad news. I first met John the first time I first took my MkI Interceptor down to Rejen in about 2007 I guess. He was great fun and wonderful company and had an uncanny ability to deliver bad news (and there was much of it) with such good humour that it barely hurt. Nothing was ever insurmountable, or impossible, or even tricky, it just needed hitting hard and was going to be expensive. He was also the master of agricultural sturdiness and made up some makeshift spring leaves for me that would have survived a tactical strike by ICBM, though I found a set of originals to replace them with.

Return to “General Discussion”