8 Track Players

Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 45 days
Mark1Stu

8 Track Players

Post by Mark1Stu »

I recently helped someone find a new home for their Jensen.

The seller has since found 2 Radiomobile 108s. The first example has the Jensen Flap (chrome finish). It is described as working but running slowly. From my experience, it may need a lube, a bit of exercising, or it could be down to a tight cassette or weak belt. It may need a total refresh. There’s a good chance some of the track light bulbs don’t work….but I haven’t tested the item or seen it in the flesh. I did briefly see a picture of it and aesthetically it looked very good. The seller is moving house soon so would like a quick sale. I’d put the value in the range £200-250 for it (someone paid me £75 just for a Jensen flap - so these are worth a premium over the standard flap).

I currently have less info on the other Radiomobile (assume model 108 but it could be a 104) other than it doesn’t work….which if it’s a 104 will not be a surprise as either the separate amp is missing, the wiring internals have degraded, or it’s been connected up incorrectly. If aesthetically it’s in good condition, Id put its value in the range of £50 - £75.

Postage is on top or collection (Midlands area)

PM me if you’re interested in either and I’ll forward the seller’s contact details.

I was going to say I have no interest in the sale - but the owner did offer them to me first. However, as I’ve circa 5 Radiomobile 108s, a Radiomobile 104, 2 Voxson 104s and Radiomobile 970 radio my Doctor suggested I should pass on the affliction to somebody else rather than make my condition worse.

Will post pictures of the seller’s 8 tracks once received.

Stuart
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: 8 Track Players

Post by VFK44 »

Mark1Stu wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:20 am However, as I’ve circa 5 Radiomobile 108s, a Radiomobile 104, 2 Voxson 104s and Radiomobile 970 radio my Doctor suggested I should pass on the affliction to somebody else rather than make my condition worse.
Is that you, Stu, or has your wife found the password to post on the Forum?

Stephen
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Haha. Not yet Stephen but she’s sitting across the room as I type this - so I’d better sign off now.
Fat Roofer

Post by Fat Roofer »

Hi, I could be interested in the cheaper one that doesn't work as I'd look to convert it to modern internals anyway 👍🏻

Feel free to send me a message so we could maybe sort a deal .

Regards

Steve
Owner of:
Jensen interceptor 3 chassis 2240/1566
Renault 5 GTTurbo
BMW E39 530i
Mazda CX-5
BMW E87
Grant

Post by Grant »

StuPotMan..I'm looking for a 108 with FM on it, I believe they did make them, did you notice it was one with FM?
Kindness always to you sport :wink: ...Grant :)
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

Oh,..and I found you a Pick Up totally suitable for moving your loft storage Jensen Hoard StuPotMan >>>
>>>
Volvo for StuPotMan.jpg
Volvo for StuPotMan.jpg (153.24 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Grant, is that a factory spec Volvo? You know how I like my cars as original as possible..

Tbh, I doubt if either of the 8 tracks are FM but will keep an eye out for such a marker (and check my own stash as well).

Steve, thanks for the interest in the non working one. In a moment of poor timing, shortly after I posted details of the sets on the forum, the owner text me to say they’ve had to bring forward their move date and thus he doesn’t have the free time at present to focus on their sale until the dust settles on the move. Hence, I’ll drop you contact details once I get the green light from him.

Thanks.

Stu
Fat Roofer

Post by Fat Roofer »

Mark1Stu wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:04 am
Steve, thanks for the interest in the non working one. In a moment of poor timing, shortly after I posted details of the sets on the forum, the owner text me to say they’ve had to bring forward their move date and thus he doesn’t have the free time at present to focus on their sale until the dust settles on the move. Hence, I’ll drop you contact details once I get the green light from him.

Thanks.

Stu
Hi Stu,

Thanks for the reply, that's OK, I'm not in any hurry for it, drop me a message whenever is convenient for you and your friend. I hope the move goes as smoothly as possible for them!

Regards

Steve
Owner of:
Jensen interceptor 3 chassis 2240/1566
Renault 5 GTTurbo
BMW E39 530i
Mazda CX-5
BMW E87

Return to “Parts For Sale”