Int 3 at Historics Auction again RPN 8N 2240 9782

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Pymmie

Re: Int 3 at Historics Auction again RPN 8N 2240 9782

Post by Pymmie »

Topped out at £51,000 Unsold

Auctioneer kept on saying its a 'one owner car'

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

I have had a discussion with a Renault Main Dealer before now about ownership numbers. They advertised the car that I had traded in to them (which had only one lady owner before me who had bought it brand new) as "one owner". When asked, they said they just stated what was on the V5 which in this case was "Number of Former keepers: 1". This Jensen may have the same issue or one of the subsequent owners may be a Motor Trader who doesn't need to register as the keeper? Either way it doesn't add to the buyers confidence to be tricked in this way.
Dips55Runnin

Post by Dips55Runnin »

And to complete the story.......Very busy and crowded auction and the auctioneer announced the car as 'If you want a Jensen, this is the one you want', followed by the one owner reference(not true). I attended the auction with the aim of bidding maximum 45-47K. It went to 51k very quickly but it became obvious this was the best it could do on the day, not a lot of interest. I will watch out for it's next appearance, that and other Jensen's of course. Also, the 72 MKIII (low miles) was only bid to 29K and was not sold - shame as it looked nice.
johnw

Post by johnw »

Dip55 perhaps go to the dealer selling it, tell him what you thought price wise as you did here. Take in some vehicle you or family want to move on. You might get a very generous PX. Cash to the dealer and an easier car to sell than a Jensen and no auction commission?

Edit: I have not seen either car, but cars at the NEC classics auction were well below par results wise at the start, picking up towards the end. Very weak market.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Unsold in July 22 at £68k. Auctioneers estimate - £75k to £90k
Unsold in July 23 at £51k. Auctioneers estimate - £67k to £75k

A sign of the times just as more realistic resale values were being seen. With the results today the "Market" isn't exactly being given any reason to believe that prices sit anywhere other than in the £30k-£50k range despite what we all know restorations cost. Whether price guides drive the Market or vice versa is questionable. The days of the £10k -£15k barn find ebay wrecks must now surely also be numbered?

Looking forward to July 2024 - assuming the vendor isn't tempted by Johnw's p/x idea and can thereby recoup some of their potential massive loss.
Dips55Runnin

Post by Dips55Runnin »

I think the comment about a sign of the times is spot on. There is not just one thing affecting Jensen prices there are many, such as the current cost of living crisis, the drive for green, everyone is looking for a bargain, there are more cars coming to market and more methods to get them there and, with the enhanced visibility and choice, only the very best cars with an impeccable pedigree and provenance are getting top dollar or even selling. And it is not just Jensens's. As an example, LOT 238 yesterday was a gorgeous MK111 E-Type with very low miles and ex Queen Noor of Jordan. The bidding got to 76K as opposed to the estimate of 95-105K, which was very surprising - it looked a cracker. I have owned classics for the last 35 odd years including classic Astons for the last 25 which brings us on to the (unfortunate) topic of choice. I love Jensen's and as previously mentioned had a MKIII way back in the last century. Today, the price of a good Jensen has to compete with Astons, Ferraris, Jaguars, etc,etc and only people like us (are we mad!) are going to chose a Jensen - I still love em - so one day :-)

Return to “Cars For Sale”