Restoration show 2023 - Shaun Winfield's Interceptor

Here's where to post photos of your cars. We all want to see your Jensens!
zacmarshall

Restoration show 2023 - Shaun Winfield's Interceptor

Post by zacmarshall »

This is Shaun Winfield's 1974 Interceptor III LGH113N, on the stand at the 2023 Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show this weekend

Original registration: 2237 MG
Chassis number: 2240-9847
Engine number: 4C12998
Original colour: Copper Brown
Current colour: Jensen Royal Blue
Car left Factory: 25 June 1974
First registered: 1 September 1974
Mileage at time of purchase: 94500
Latest mileage as of 4/3/2023: 144,950

Prior to the current owner acquiring the car, DVLA stated vehicle had had 10 previous keepers. Unfortunately, despite efforts, not much information has been gleaned. However, the car did have an extended stay in France and in Sweden returning to the UK on Swedish plates as PAA 235.

The current owner acquired the car in November 2005 and it has been a roller coaster ride ever since to get the car into the reliable vehicle it now is.

Apart from the works undertaken on the vehicle listed below, the car has been a regular visitor to JOC events around the country and has made a number of visits France, Belgium, Germany and a quick foray into the Czech Republic. At one time, it was the owner’s sole vehicle and was often the “only Jensen in Sainsbury’s Car Park.”

Below is a list of tasks undertaken, in no particular order, that have been undertaken on the vehicle in the last 17 plus years.

Major body restoration (inner and outer cills, wheel arches, inner and outer panels etc), bare metal respray, new 17 inch wheels, new interior, new carpets, front and rear suspension rebuilds, various electrical upgrades/rewire/wiring loom, new fans, new oil pump, new water pump, new power steering pump, new air conditioning unit, new discs and calipers, new fuel lines, new starter motor, new windscreen washer bottle. Plus, no doubt numerous other things

This weekend, Shaun is hoping to apply Lanoguard underbody protection and try to sort out the leaking front windscreen using Captain Tolley’s Creeping Crack Cure.

C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
colin7673
now normal...

Re: Restoration show 2023 - Shaun Winfield's Interceptor

Post by colin7673 »

zacmarshall wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:25 am This is Shaun Winfield's 1974 Interceptor III LGH113N, on the stand at the 2023 Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show this weekend

This weekend, Shaun is hoping to apply Lanoguard underbody protection and try to sort out the leaking front windscreen using Captain Tolley’s Creeping Crack Cure.
The best thing to stop the windscreen leaking is to get some waterproof black mastic and gently run it under the window rubber. Having used Captains Crack Cure, under recommendation, I would advise the latter, works much better.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Please tell me Zac, having read your earlier post, that Shaun intends to apply Lanoguard underbody protection to his car, not himself.

Of course, if this is a new club strategy to rapidly raise public (spelt correctly) awareness, I do admire the cajones of the member involved.

I’ll stop now..
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Mark1Stu wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:52 pm ...Shaun intends to apply Lanoguard underbody protection to his car, not himself....
I'd be more concerned about where he was applying the Creeping Crack Cure.

See you all on Friday and Saturday.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Knowing Shaun will probably be applied to both in copious quantities...
Mark1Stu wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:52 pm Please tell me Zac, having read your earlier post, that Shaun intends to apply Lanoguard underbody protection to his car, not himself.

Of course, if this is a new club strategy to rapidly raise public (spelt correctly) awareness, I do admire the cajones of the member involved.

I’ll stop now..
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061

Return to “Members' Cars”