Chris Harber meeting

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Chris Harber meeting

Post by Grant »

If anyone's Interested I was with Chris Harber today(Medway Interceptors 80's/90's)talking Jensens for about 5 hoursImage
Everything's the same apart from Grey Hair on both of usImage
Chris said at one point he had 62 Interceptors that he was breaking back then..I remember them in lines in those barns there, it was quite a sightImage as many of you may remember if you ever went there.
He's still in the same place but leaving before this Christmas after his 35 year stintImage.
Any comments welcomeImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Eddie

Re: Chris Harber meeting

Post by Eddie »

Would be great to see some old photos from Medway Interceptors.

Especially barns full of Interceptors.
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
Grant

Post by Grant »

Eddie wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:28 pm Would be great to see some old photos from Medway Interceptors.

And..I didn't even think to ask him Eddie :? Let's see if anyone comes up with some :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Grant wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:21 pm [quote=Eddie post_id=263388 time=<a href="tel:1668619713">1668619713</a> user_id=3075]
Would be great to see some old photos from Medway Interceptors.

And..I didn't even think to ask him Eddie :? Let's see if anyone comes up with some :P
[/quote]
Grant wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:21 pm
Eddie wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:28 pm Would be great to see some old photos from Medway Interceptors.

Grant, seeing how you love those old photos I can’t believe you missed the opportunity.
Eddie

JOC 10030
Grant

Post by Grant »

Eddie wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:17 pm Grant, seeing how you love those old photos I can’t believe you missed the opportunity.
I was so busy Gassing to him for 5hrs EddyMan and I had seen the set up all those years ago I just didn't think of it :oops:
Where's the Old School Mob>> John Wild, Peter Rothery, those sort of Reprobates?Image. Surely someone from back then took Pics?? If Not I'll ring Chris about some as you've now got me on it EddieManImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

[/quote]
I was so busy Gassing to him for 5hrs EddyMan and I had seen the set up all those years ago I just didn't think of it :oops:
Where's the Old School Mob>> John Wild, Peter Rothery, those sort of Reprobates?Image. Surely someone from back then took Pics?? If Not I'll ring Chris about some as you've now got me on it EddieManImage
[/quote]

Excellent stuff, the forum is relying on you. 🤞🤞🤞
Eddie

JOC 10030
Grant

Post by Grant »

Grant wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:44 pm I was so busy Gassing to him for 5hrs EddyMan and I had seen the set up all those years ago I just didn't think of it :oops:
Eddie wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:31 pm Excellent stuff, the forum is relying on you. 🤞🤞🤞
Oh NoImage, You box clever EddieMan don't you..My B**ls are on the Rack then EddieMan!!Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Fat Roofer

Post by Fat Roofer »

I too went down and had a chat with Chris today, first time I've had the pleasure, seems a nice guy and obviously very knowledgeable, he said he's leaving the scene altogether including selling his mk1 interceptor, hopefully he'll still be around in an advisory capacity once he's sold up 🤞🏻

As a complete newbie I am reliant on others with the knowledge to guide me....👨🏻‍🦯

Steve
Owner of:
Jensen interceptor 3 chassis 2240/1566
Renault 5 GTTurbo
BMW E39 530i
Mazda CX-5
BMW E87
Grant

Post by Grant »

Fat Roofer wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:57 pm I too went down and had a chat with Chris today, first time I've had the pleasure, seems a nice guy and obviously very knowledgeable, he said he's leaving the scene altogether including selling his mk1 interceptor, hopefully he'll still be around in an advisory capacity once he's sold up 🤞🏻

As a complete newbie I am reliant on others with the knowledge to guide me....👨🏻‍🦯

Steve
Was you down there about that 4 vent Interceptor Dash Steve?Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Fat Roofer wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:57 pm I too went down and had a chat with Chris today, first time I've had the pleasure, seems a nice guy and obviously very knowledgeable, he said he's leaving the scene altogether including selling his mk1 interceptor, hopefully he'll still be around in an advisory capacity once he's sold up 🤞🏻

Steve
Did you ask about the photos ????
Eddie

JOC 10030
Grant

Post by Grant »

Eddie wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:18 pm
Fat Roofer wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:57 pm I too went down and had a chat with Chris today, first time I've had the pleasure, seems a nice guy and obviously very knowledgeable, he said he's leaving the scene altogether including selling his mk1 interceptor, hopefully he'll still be around in an advisory capacity once he's sold up 🤞🏻As a complete newbie I am reliant on others with the knowledge to guide me....👨🏻‍🦯
Steve
ImageBrilliant "SteadyEddy"Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Fat Roofer

Post by Fat Roofer »

Eddie wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:18 pm

Steve
Nope! 🤦🏻‍♂️ Rookie mistake! I'll know better for next time! 🙈
Owner of:
Jensen interceptor 3 chassis 2240/1566
Renault 5 GTTurbo
BMW E39 530i
Mazda CX-5
BMW E87
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

Medway Interceptors was almost like a second home to me :D . I remember he had a few FF's that were being scrapped (!!!) and a lovely 541S manual 100/1080 That needed restoring. I copied some parts of that car, Chris was kind enough to allow me to make detailed drawings and patterns. But I did not take any photos of the barns or the cars !!! Is the 541S still around? Chris was a good bloke, I think he sold his stock to Re-Jen.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Frankoid wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:51 am Medway Interceptors was almost like a second home to me :D . I remember he had a few FF's that were being scrapped (!!!) and a lovely 541S manual 100/1080 That needed restoring. I copied some parts of that car, Chris was kind enough to allow me to make detailed drawings and patterns. But I did not take any photos of the barns or the cars !!! Is the 541S still around? Chris was a good bloke, I think he sold his stock to Re-Jen.
We did talk briefly about you FrancisImage..Chris said you still owed him £12.50 from April 1987 for a Handle?Image

Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

Grant wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:54 am
Frankoid wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:51 am Medway Interceptors was almost like a second home to me :D . I remember he had a few FF's that were being scrapped (!!!) and a lovely 541S manual 100/1080 That needed restoring. I copied some parts of that car, Chris was kind enough to allow me to make detailed drawings and patterns. But I did not take any photos of the barns or the cars !!! Is the 541S still around? Chris was a good bloke, I think he sold his stock to Re-Jen.
We did talk briefly about you FrancisImage..Chris said you still owed him £12.50 from April 1987 for a Handle?Image

Yeah right :lol: . I got a lot from him, including 4 vent dash for the FF, and lots of trim pieces. Spent a lot of money there as you do, those were the days!

Return to “General Discussion”