SAVE THE DATE: European Jensen Clubs Summer Rally. JULY 2nd - JULY 6th 2023

Post advance news of events you will be attending
Richard_2

Re: SAVE THE DATE: European Jensen Clubs Summer Rally. JULY 2nd - JULY 6th 2023

Post by Richard_2 »

We have decided to extend the tour, returning home on Tuesday 11 July by visiting the massif central area, where there look to be some interesting roads and sights to see. The first stop is at Clermont-Ferand, close to the Puy de Dome,
which is a volcanic mountain with stunning views from the top. You can either walk up or take the railway. We then go on to Puy en Valais via Monts Dore. There are a number of sights at Puy en Valais, including Rocher Saint-Michel d'Aiguilhe and Cathédrale Notre-Dame-du-Puy. From there we travel home stopping overnight just south of Paris.

The provisional route is shown below.

If any other Jensenites are interested in joining us please let me know and I can provide more details.

Richard and Jenny
Attachments
Massif central route.jpg
Massif central route.jpg (85.07 KiB) Viewed 627 times
Richard Fischer
Jensen SP
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Richard_2 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:01 am The first stop is at Clermont-Ferand, close to the Puy de Dome,

Richard and Jenny
You will enjoy this part of France spent many a journey traveling to Spain this way, quite and good roads
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
OzJensen
Location: Sydney Australia - after a great few years in the UK!

Post by OzJensen »

Richard - now booked all the hotels for Laura and I for your post Rally trip - really looking forward to it!!
Tony Cope
JCCA President, JOC Australian Rep
Sydney

CV-8 Mk3 112/2382 ex UK 1973 to USA now Oz
Interceptor Mk 2 123/3957 ex UK 1974 now Oz

M: +61 448 400 160
E: tonywcope@gmail.com
E: president@jcca.org.au
E: australia@joc.org.uk
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

A few people who previously registered interest in joining us on this rally have had to withdraw for various reasons.

As a result we have a few spare places available. If interested to join this unique event at a truly superb location please get in touch with us ASAP.

Full details of the event can be found here on the JOC web page: https://joc.org.uk/events/jensen-europe ... july-2023/

The cost for 2 people sharing is expected to be in the region of 1370 euros, this will include admission to various events and the cost of guided tours where we have been able to arrange them.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
kees

Post by kees »

Avoid the motorways and enjoy the back roads. Very enjoyable driving bar the roundabouts. Nice small hotels and excellent rural restaurants along the way. Around that time there should be a lot of "Brocantes" or "Maché aux Puches" in the weekends. Cheap Petrol is available in the large shopping area's all over France. OK, it will take longer to reach your destination, but is is a lot more interesting and cheaper and what is more: a lot less tiring.
Take the option "no toll roads or/and no motorways" on your sat nav.
I always do this when I repatriate cars from Switzerland, Italy and Spain/Portugal. Find a nice hotel before 17:00 but in an emergency there is usually room in one of the hotels on industrial estates. OK-ish, very simple continental breakfast and no dinerservice but there is always a Buffalo Grill or McDonalds within walking distance.

Kees

Richard_2 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:01 am We have decided to extend the tour, returning home on Tuesday 11 July by visiting the massif central area, where there look to be some interesting roads and sights to see. The first stop is at Clermont-Ferand, close to the Puy de Dome,
which is a volcanic mountain with stunning views from the top. You can either walk up or take the railway. We then go on to Puy en Valais via Monts Dore. There are a number of sights at Puy en Valais, including Rocher Saint-Michel d'Aiguilhe and Cathédrale Notre-Dame-du-Puy. From there we travel home stopping overnight just south of Paris.

The provisional route is shown below.

If any other Jensenites are interested in joining us please let me know and I can provide more details.

Richard and Jenny
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
kees

Post by kees »

We will travel from Heerjansdam near Rotterdam to the Loire region on June 30 arriving there on July 2 by taking the back roads from around Lille. So two and a halve days to reach our destination.
Kees
J-H MkII, 1974
Anton001

Post by Anton001 »

Hi Kees,

We are thinking to go for the same time frame/route.

Let the fun begin (but first I will present my C-V8 at London concours)

Cheers
Anton
Jensen Healey Mk1 1123 / 11016
Jensen C-V8 MK3 112 / 2419
Jensen 541S / S1079

www.jensenholland.nl
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

kees wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:46 pm We will travel from Heerjansdam near Rotterdam to the Loire region on June 30 arriving there on July 2 by taking the back roads from around Lille. So two and a halve days to reach our destination.
Kees
An important point to note is the new Crit'Air zones. There is now one at Rouen which covers all the areas with bridges across the Seine. Foreign cars must also register, including submitting a copy of the registration document, and buy a sticker which is sent by post, to permit them to enter the zone. Stickers are only sent to the registered address. You are not permitted to enter the zone without the correct screen Crit'Air sticker. From 2024 automatic cameras will detect stickers and infringements will automatically be sent a penalty which I think is €135.
Historic vehicles over 30 years old are exempt from the emissions restrictions being imposed by the zones but will still require stickers but currently there is no way for cars over 30 years old to buy a sticker, the online system refuses all cars over a certain age.
A total of 44 cities and regions across France are intending to implement these zones.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Post by Joerg »

8) 8) …. Or just put an old ( not valid ) British license plate to the front. That is what I always do. No tickets for speeding on hassle with any CAZ
I own some of the odd Jensen 8)
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Joerg wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:07 pm 8) 8) …. Or just put an old ( not valid ) British license plate to the front. That is what I always do. No tickets for speeding on hassle with any CAZ
Is that legal?
Chris
JOC Member 6116
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Chris_R wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:39 pm
Joerg wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:07 pm 8) 8) …. Or just put an old ( not valid ) British license plate to the front. That is what I always do. No tickets for speeding on hassle with any CAZ
Is that legal?
It's only Illegal if you get caught
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

colin7673 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:54 am
Chris_R wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:39 pm
Is that legal?
It's only Illegal if you get caught
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Chris
JOC Member 6116
kees

Post by kees »

Chris_R wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:25 pm
kees wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:46 pm We will travel from Heerjansdam near Rotterdam to the Loire region on June 30 arriving there on July 2 by taking the back roads from around Lille. So two and a halve days to reach our destination.
Kees
An important point to note is the new Crit'Air zones. There is now one at Rouen which covers all the areas with bridges across the Seine. Foreign cars must also register, including submitting a copy of the registration document, and buy a sticker which is sent by post, to permit them to enter the zone. Stickers are only sent to the registered address. You are not permitted to enter the zone without the correct screen Crit'Air sticker. From 2024 automatic cameras will detect stickers and infringements will automatically be sent a penalty which I think is €135.
Historic vehicles over 30 years old are exempt from the emissions restrictions being imposed by the zones but will still require stickers but currently there is no way for cars over 30 years old to buy a sticker, the online system refuses all cars over a certain age.
A total of 44 cities and regions across France are intending to implement these zones.
The exemption is only for French cars that are registered as Historic Vehicle. Foreign classic cars are not exempt for the time being. There is no possibility to acquire any Crit'Air sticker for our cars at the moment. I am not sure how the French authorities will deal with this.
J-H MkII, 1974
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

I just got the Crit'Air sticker for the Subaru, so I thought I'd try to get one for the C-V8 since we'll be heading to Dijon in two weeks- or at least find out what the situation is. I wrote them a mail asking what to do...
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
kees

Post by kees »

I tried the same for the J-H to no avail. Foreign classic cars cannot get asticker yet or an exemption like French classics. Regulation is pending. There is no solution in the near future.
J-H MkII, 1974

Return to “Events”