Issue with Firefox

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
mikebyrne

Re: Issue with Firefox

Post by mikebyrne »

Since the weekend I can hardly access the site at all. Just managed after a dozen tries. It seems to me that the site is opening too fast for my lap top to latch into the front page. Is that possible ?
Mike.
Early Jensen Enthusiast
aka The Ozard of Wix.
Has owned:
Jensen PWA 10 2538 LGX 774 1950
Jensen 541 PWX 164 chassis no. 22/5206
541 alloy bodied prototype.
several other 541's
Indian 101Scout
JOC member number 2
Len Jackson was number 1
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Mike, I will email you for more details / ask you to try the test site
mikebyrne wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:04 pm Since the weekend I can hardly access the site at all. Just managed after a dozen tries. It seems to me that the site is opening too fast for my lap top to latch into the front page. Is that possible ?
Mike.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Grant

Post by Grant »

zacmarshall wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:17 pm Mike, I will email you for more details / ask you to try the test site
mikebyrne wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:04 pm Since the weekend I can hardly access the site at all. Just managed after a dozen tries. It seems to me that the site is opening too fast for my lap top to latch into the front page. Is that possible ?
Mike.
Zac, I'm about 24 clicks most times, but what I now find is that the scrolling bar comes back after a couple of hours of Non-Acivity and then it's another 24 odd clicks to get back in again, has there been a Non-Activity timer added over the past 6 weeks or so?.. I know I can use another browser and clear caches etc, so I'm not moaning, but the way I use my Firefox browser with all my social media stuff so that I can flick from one to another suits me, so don't do any of this for me please Zac..I just wanted to make you aware and ask about the Non-Activity issue :wink: ..Kindness to you ZacManImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Keith

Post by Keith »

Mike.
Mike,
Try and log in using the "My account" box on the top right. If the log in appears to be successful, then move to "The Club" tab. Then click on the drop-down list "Forum".

Hopefully you can get in!

What a shambles!
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
johnw

Post by johnw »

Keith wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:40 pm Mike,
Try and log in using the "My account" box on the top right. If the log in appears to be successful, then move to "The Club" tab. Then click on the drop-down list
Clicking the "stay logged in" checkbox is a must for me to avoid repeatedly being asked for passwords. All these login cycles then hopefully pass automatically in a few blinks of the eye.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Grant

Post by Grant »

It's not logging yourself in that is the problem..It's "Loading the page" and connecting to the forum that is the issue, I always check the "Stay remember me" box, but it loading the page, when it finally loads and grabs the page passed the scrolling bar then I am already logged in, you can then stay logged in but then a Non-Activity timer starts to run and it will drop out again an hour or two later and you have to go over the same process again, it's a big fight just to get on the forum & read anything new :?
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
mikebyrne

Post by mikebyrne »

Hi Keith,
Tried the roundabout way you posted and it has worked twice so far. Thanks.
The usual way now gets as far as showing board index tabs and then blacks out.( which I do when that happens.!!)
Mike.
Early Jensen Enthusiast
aka The Ozard of Wix.
Has owned:
several other 541's
Indian 101Scout
JOC member number 2
Len Jackson was number 1
kees

Post by kees »

Problem is back. Worse than ever. Sometimes in in one go but more than often 20+ times.
The last few months there were hardly any problems. Mostly in straight away, sometimes after two clicks, very rarely three or more.
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Following on from what Keith suggested, if you have a problem, even when signed in, then try clicking on 'My Account' on the top right (you may need to scroll up to see the full header) then click back on the forum.

I've got a lot on at the moment but will get to have a look
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

My tip for successfully accessing and quickly navigating the forum is to drink a whole bottle of cheap whiskey whilst reading the latest club magazine backwards.

If only I could remember my password…
mikebyrne

Post by mikebyrne »

Now worse than ever. Gave up trying to get in yesterday after umpteen tries.
Mike.
Early Jensen Enthusiast
aka The Ozard of Wix.
Has owned:
several other 541's
Indian 101Scout
JOC member number 2
Len Jackson was number 1
Grant

Post by Grant »

mikebyrne wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:22 am Now worse than ever. Gave up trying to get in yesterday after umpteen tries.
Mike.
Mike, I found a work around that works for me but it sounds silly, but it does work for me anywayImage, open your browser and click your link to the forum, leave that scrolling and open another page click the link and leave that scrolling, open another page click the link and leave that scrolling, then go back to the three scrolling pages and one of them would have loaded onto the site :wink: As Keith said, "What a Shambles", but it worksImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

Grant wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:03 am
mikebyrne wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:22 am Now worse than ever. Gave up trying to get in yesterday after umpteen tries.
Mike.
Mike, I found a work around that works for me but it sounds silly, but it does work for me anywayImage, open your browser and click your link to the forum, leave that scrolling and open another page click the link and leave that scrolling, open another page click the link and leave that scrolling, then go back to the three scrolling pages and one of them would have loaded onto the site :wink: As Keith said, "What a Shambles", but it worksImage
I think what I find really annoying is that after you go through all this to get onto the forum, you then click a Link that someone has posted up
maybe a car for sale or a nut and bolt supplier etc and that opens a new page for you look at that supplier etc, but it also then takes the forum page into scroll mode again and then you have to go through it all again to get back onto the forum againImage. Terrible MuddleImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
kees

Post by kees »

The problem did get worse. For a short time it was quite OK but the last few weeks the situation has worsened. Most of the time you need to refresh 0-5 times which is OK but occasionally it can be way more than that.
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
Grant

Post by Grant »

kees wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:39 am The problem did get worse. For a short time it was quite OK but the last few weeks the situation has worsened. Most of the time you need to refresh 0-5 times which is OK but occasionally it can be way more than that.
Kees, I am unsure why it is different for other people, but I can click the link 30 odd times and still not get passed the scrolling bar, as Mike has said, he gave-up trying and that's how I found this solution as I sometime just cannot get passed the scrolling bar too :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage

Return to “General Discussion”