Issue with Firefox

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Mark1Stu

Re: Issue with Firefox

Post by Mark1Stu »

For me, I can access the forum home page OK. However, if I click on a latest post thread, the thread heading will turn red…..but that’s as far as it goes. Multiple clicks later it will open.

Frustrating, a test of my patience, and far from a fully accessible piece of club resource.
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

I've been busy organising the Restoration Show and Spring Weekend.

Hopefully I will get some time while on holiday the week after the Spring Weekend.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
mikebyrne

Post by mikebyrne »

Today was the first time that I have been able to access the forum for some time without resorting to other computers. However this was through an email link, re. a 541 post. Normal method does not work.
Mike.
Early Jensen Enthusiast
aka The Ozard of Wix.
Has owned:
Jensen PWA 10 2538 LGX 774 1950
Jensen 541 PWX 164 chassis no. 22/5206
541 alloy bodied prototype.
several other 541's
Indian 101Scout
JOC member number 2
Len Jackson was number 1
KaranMK2
JOC Chairman

Post by KaranMK2 »

Hi, I have been silent on this issue for a while as I am not sure if Zac has been able to action Item 3 of my post of Jan 31st?

Karan
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Not yet, will try to have a look when I get back from the Dambusters / Bomber command tour

Also got to do some updates to events, Le Mans Classic and various other things.
KaranMK2 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:49 pm Hi, I have been silent on this issue for a while as I am not sure if Zac has been able to action Item 3 of my post of Jan 31st?

Karan
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
mikebyrne

Post by mikebyrne »

Slightly better today, only took 10 goes to get in.
Mike.
Early Jensen Enthusiast
aka The Ozard of Wix.
Has owned:
several other 541's
Indian 101Scout
JOC member number 2
Len Jackson was number 1
Grant

Post by Grant »

mikebyrne wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:14 pm Slightly better today, only took 10 goes to get in.
Mike.
Mike ..Not sure if you saw my last post that may help you? >>>>
Mike, I found a work around that works for me but it sounds silly, but it does work for me anywayImage, open your browser and click your link to the forum, leave that scrolling and open another page click the link and leave that scrolling, open another page click the link and leave that scrolling, then go back to the three scrolling pages and one of them would have loaded onto the site :wink: As Keith said, "What a Shambles", but it worksImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

There is also the alternative of using Chrome which works. Something happened with an upgrade to Firefox to break it, as mentioned I will get to the bottom of it but I am not a full time paid employee of the JOC.
JOC Member No. 5061
mikebyrne

Post by mikebyrne »

Hi Grant. Weird, but your idea just worked for me. Last two days i could not even access using Val's laptop, running windows 10.
Thanks for that tip.
Mike.
Early Jensen Enthusiast
aka The Ozard of Wix.
Has owned:
several other 541's
Indian 101Scout
JOC member number 2
Len Jackson was number 1
Grant

Post by Grant »

mikebyrne wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:17 pm Hi Grant. Weird, but your idea just worked for me. Last two days i could not even access using Val's laptop, running windows 10.
Thanks for that tip.
Mike.
Image Mike, yes it seems to work everytimeImage,..Terrible that you have to do that thoughImage, I would be going back to the IT builder that sold it to the JOC and complain, ask for a refund, it doesn't work, poor new people visiting if they're using Firefox..they would never get it, terrible advertising for such a concern like the Jensen Owners Club! Never mind Hey Ho and all that MikeImage Kindness always to you Mike :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
mikebyrne

Post by mikebyrne »

Lately, I have got in as far as entering my pass word and then it goes back to the black page again. It seems to lose my password most times when I try and log in which does not make sense as I tick the box to stay logged in each time.
The three windows method also worked today by the way Grant.
It still seems to me that the opening frames are opening too fast for my dear old laptop to latch in.
Mike.
Early Jensen Enthusiast
aka The Ozard of Wix.
Has owned:
several other 541's
Indian 101Scout
JOC member number 2
Len Jackson was number 1
KaranMK2
JOC Chairman

Post by KaranMK2 »

Grant / Mike,

Item 3 of my email of 31st Jan is still outstanding pending updates by Zac. Just for the record ( I think I have covered it before) the forum element has NOT been subtracted to an IT builder - it is as it’s always been - it is maintained in-house by Zac with Raj assisting. We have subcontracted the Website. Grant, if you need further clarity on this element of IT then by all means please give me a call.

Karan
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

KaranMK2 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:38 am Grant / Mike,

Item 3 of my email of 31st Jan is still outstanding pending updates by Zac. Just for the record ( I think I have covered it before) the forum element has NOT been subtracted to an IT builder - it is as it’s always been - it is maintained in-house by Zac with Raj assisting. We have subcontracted the Website. Grant, if you need further clarity on this element of IT then by all means please give me a call.

Karan
May I ask why the Webpage has been subtracted out ? Is this just the maintenance side of the webpage ?
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
KaranMK2
JOC Chairman

Post by KaranMK2 »

Colin, It’s a bit more than the webpages - linked with membership renewals, regalia sales / costs, etc. All, I wanted to do was to inform / correct Grant. The link with the existing club forum was to have one system to assist with the management of multiple tasks. I am hoping that the updates once loaded will deal with the problem that few members and non members with Firefox are experiencing.

Karan
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

It’s not just Firefox. I use Chrome and I get problems accessing elements of the site (previously mentioned).

Perhaps it’s time to either contract out forum management and maintenance or strip out elements of it (eg car of the month etc). Unpalatable suggestion, possibly. However, basic functionality for all trumps all else in my book. Success being measured by the volume of posts and contributors not just views linked to other forms of social media.

Return to “General Discussion”