Musings following a BBQ and drink. Post 2.

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Re: Musings following a BBQ and drink. Post 2.

Post by Steve Payne »

Oxymoron wrote:
Steve Payne wrote:I have a ZT 260, as a modern option it works well.

Steve
Nice Q car with the Mustang engine!

I like the look of the estate car version....
That is what I have :D

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

Thats a proper genuine Brit muscle car- Didn't even know they made that in estate form.
What a gross shame that car wasn't allowed to live on.

P6B 3500S- would own another- wonderful car.
Attachments
IMG_3530.JPG
IMG_3530.JPG (172.74 KiB) Viewed 5428 times
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Tim SP wrote:Thats a proper genuine Brit muscle car- Didn't even know they made that in estate form.
Out of the 883 cars that were made only 90 of them were estates. Took me a year to find one

Steve
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

From the sublime to the ridiculous , I have always liked microcars, and the Messerschmidt Tiger must be the king of this jungle. Not much storage space but what a car :D
Attachments
Messerschmidt Tiger.jpg
Messerschmidt Tiger.jpg (130.48 KiB) Viewed 5418 times
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

Steve Payne wrote:
Tim SP wrote:Thats a proper genuine Brit muscle car- Didn't even know they made that in estate form.
Out of the 883 cars that were made only 90 of them were estates. Took me a year to find one

Steve
I didn't realise that they made a Rover 75 badged version with the V8 engine as well as the MG....

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic ... porary-se/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JOC Member 10887
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Yes and they are even rarer, all autos and the rarest of them all is the Rover 75 Touring, 14 made.

Apart from the V8 badges on the front wings and the twin exhausts it is hard to tell them apart.

Steve
johnw

Post by johnw »

Steve Payne wrote:

Steve
I think the MG's, the last few years of production, were real bargains, the lot of 'em. From the TF sports car, that R V8, these V8 muscle cars, and the hot hatches too! Unbelievable value, gorgeous styling and trim! Their final fantastic offering! They were very popular in Switzerland. I was hoping the Chinese would make exact clones! Ironic, when they have rights to fantastic products they don't bother.

Range Rovers from the 1990s, P38's can be had almost for free these days due to their electronics and air suspension. The older Range Rovers, Classic round headlight style, while more expensive, I recently picked up a V8 Manual one, most of them are, early 80s, for £2K, there are many around at that price if you hunt. The oil warning light was on, but the tappits were super quiet and it was just the pressure switch. I went for this as a backup for towing the P38 as it has no air suspension or fancy computers apart from fuel injection, no catalyst, solid wood door trim, and being a small 3.5 litre with injection, is the most economical V8 Range Rover ever made, believe it or not. Soon old enough to be MOT exempt and road tax free in the UK. Parts availability and price is second to none! Still has the faded original paint and is very Shabby Chic.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

Steve Payne wrote:Yes and they are even rarer, all autos and the rarest of them all is the Rover 75 Touring, 14 made.

Apart from the V8 badges on the front wings and the twin exhausts it is hard to tell them apart.

Steve
This one looks interesting.... MGZT-T V8 Supercharged 420hp Estate https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1092326" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JOC Member 10887
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Yes it does, it has been for sale for quite a while for some reason.

MG had planned to fit the Supercharger as a separate model and in fact did build one in the factory, it was on display at the NEC a couple of years ago. They even did a Police Spec :shock: I think they only built a couple but it shows they were desperate to get sales.

Steve
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

Interesting to see the Granadas on this post. I had a Mk1 coupe Ghia, rare manual version, and a MK11 Ghia X, both great cars, but would go back to the coupe, not seen one in the flesh since selling mine 25 years ago. The only car I truly regret selling. :( Last time I looked, there were only 3 on the road.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
DPP

Post by DPP »

Kevin Birch wrote:Interesting to see the Granadas on this post. I had a Mk1 coupe Ghia, rare manual version, and a MK11 Ghia X, both great cars, but would go back to the coupe, not seen one in the flesh since selling mine 25 years ago. The only car I truly regret selling. :( Last time I looked, there were only 3 on the road.
I had one in 1989 and they were pretty rare then, I remember my boss ripping into me for being out of work during a shift because he saw another one on his way in. Found an old photo of it recently and its the one car I always wish I had kept.
61EB9248-9C13-4510-BBBB-EE91DD3F672C.jpeg
61EB9248-9C13-4510-BBBB-EE91DD3F672C.jpeg (113.3 KiB) Viewed 5356 times
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
Toby

Post by Toby »

P6B 3500S- would own another- wonderful car.
Parked next to my Son's house in the West Country. The buick V8 with plexiglass rear side windows
Attachments
20191226_104927.jpg
20191226_104927.jpg (332.54 KiB) Viewed 5353 times
1973 Interceptor III
1997 Daimler X308 Super Eight
1937 Ford Model 10 CX
Tim SP

Post by Tim SP »

Pukka conversion on the rover- poss the best non factory conversion ever done??
There was a lovely tobacco, black trim 3500S estate locally, such a handsome car.

Steve.
A fellow 'Interceptor' , spent an age looking at 75 touring- gave up, but fell on a 75 derv, which is mint & he loves- threw away a 2012 R.Rover & still has the 75.
I'd bet there is a very strong following for them.
That front 'big gob' air dam reminds me of a Typhoon!
Tim SP

Post by Tim SP »

2.8 Injection-
Easily one of the finest car's I've ever know- always loved them- my 2nd white special I sold to buy NYC- thats the only reason I never regretted it going, yet I miss it something terrible- fantastic car & this one was such a fantastic example.
My first red car, was a rough diamond, not a loved car over its sort life, but still went off the clock- I've never know a 2.8, not to.
My Marina was the nuts (to me!) 2nd car after my J-H!

I would have a 2.8'injector' if I had to be out of SP but into something a bit less coin- I know it would disappoint, that said, a great one would be similar money maybe now!!
Sorry don't know why pic's are side on, they aint on te-computer!
Attachments
IMG_1469.JPG
IMG_1469.JPG (164.53 KiB) Viewed 5346 times
IMG_1467.JPG
IMG_1467.JPG (191.64 KiB) Viewed 5346 times
Krusty

Post by Krusty »

When i started looking for another interceptor i seen this in the corner of my eye when i went past the dealers, after giving my lad grief for buying a hair dressers car (c0ckster :lol: ) His is the purple one when you visit there site
here is the original ad for mine, it came with a matching hard top and i prefer the look with it on
http://www.votex.ltd.uk/vehicle/porsche ... r-3-2-s-3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I instantly replaced these wheels and added the "porsche" stripe and remap at collins engineering
IMG-2530.JPG
IMG-2530.JPG (158.74 KiB) Viewed 5314 times
IMG-2531.JPG
IMG-2531.JPG (171.37 KiB) Viewed 5314 times
They have recently hit classic status and nice one's have started to creep up in value

its a keeper until
A i get nicked for speeding or
B i find one of these....
Ford-zodiac-mkIV-executive-pictures-8.jpg
Ford-zodiac-mkIV-executive-pictures-8.jpg (138.97 KiB) Viewed 5314 times
EX GTU864T MK111 J
Current JLO78K MK111 G

Membership No 8122

Return to “General Discussion”