Exhaust Headers

Mopar Big Block Talk
Supernova

Exhaust Headers

Post by Supernova »

Hi there.

I was wondering if any one had a set of full size headers that they would not be using for two months or so. The reason being as I mentioned that I have a engineering company in India and would like to make a full size set but without any seam welds. I've tried all avenues, The guys in Australia and a few companies in USA. So once the pattern is made the costing will be reasonable. Better then xxx£400/600 a set
And God said "Let there be light" and lo and behold there was. But our eyes are still shut

JOC Member 9070
Car: 136/8991
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

I have a set of Chrysler B body headers I was intending to cut and shut as the basis for my car. I will be posting them on Ebay at some stage in the future if they are any good to you as a basis, ie flanges etc.

Mike
CrAzYMoPaRGuY
CMG-Cellar Dweller

Post by CrAzYMoPaRGuY »

I would just make a set of headers without fully welding the flanges/collectors and then copy each primary tube with a mandrel bender..?
I made my own headers for my Coupe, it was time consuming because I wanted optimum flow and equal length primaries as well as equal length headers side/side, but they turned out well.
My header tubes are tig welded, but the welds could easily have been dressed so as to not be noticeable...?

This

To this.....

Return to “V-8 Engine Tech”