Cylinder numbering and torque spec's etc

Mopar Big Block Talk
JACB

Cylinder numbering and torque spec's etc

Post by JACB »

Hi

I found this nice web site with good information about cylinder numbering, firing order and torque spec's for the BB Mopar ........... http://boxwrench.net/specs/bchrys_B.htm

Regards

James
taximan

Post by taximan »

I printed this page out last September to help fit new ht leads, was really helpful to have it sitting there, as i had to refer to it constantly before i got my head round the anticlockwise dizzy!
Shaun.
VAUXHALL VISCOUNT 1969
MB W213 220D
MB E Class Cabriolet
JOC Member 9052
Julian_S

Post by Julian_S »

taximan wrote: before i got my head round the anticlockwise dizzy!
Shaun.
It's clockwise if you imagine yourself standing inside the engine looking up! That's not as daft as it sounds, (if my memory hasn't failed me) propellers on American aero engines rotate clockwise, and thats viewed from the engine looking forwards. From the front they rotate counter clockwise.

Julian.
Interceptor III 136.9113
taximan

Post by taximan »

Imagination is all very well, but i cant actually fit anything from inside the engine on an imaginary level, so think i'll stick to standing on the outside and getting my head round it!
Shaun.
VAUXHALL VISCOUNT 1969
MB W213 220D
MB E Class Cabriolet
JOC Member 9052
Julian_S

Post by Julian_S »

taximan wrote:Imagination is all very well, but i cant actually fit anything from inside the engine on an imaginary level, so think i'll stick to standing on the outside and getting my head round it!
Shaun.
You'll get a lot more MPG if you drive it around in your imagination :D

Julian.
Interceptor III 136.9113
taximan

Post by taximan »

If only i had the time to do so... but then if i did i'd be working on Buzz or driving around, i drive my Jensen as much as the weather allows, and dont need any encouragement to take Buzz instead of my Merc.
Shaun.
VAUXHALL VISCOUNT 1969
MB W213 220D
MB E Class Cabriolet
JOC Member 9052
bobclevenger

Post by bobclevenger »

Anti-clockwise crankshaft rotation (viewed from the front of the engine) makes the crankshaft damper bolt stay tight without having to use a left-hand thread bolt. Probably not the reason they did it, though.

Most likely, distributor rotation was determined by the fact that the same shaft operates the oil pump. The oil pump design was probably influenced by practical locations for the inlet and outlet ports. Just a supposition.
Bob

1972 SP 132/5577, aka "Pirate Jenny"
"Shall we kill them now? ... Or later?"

Return to “V-8 Engine Tech”