JOC Stand at the NEC

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
zacmarshall

JOC Stand at the NEC

Post by zacmarshall »

Come and visit us on the JOC stand at the Classic Car Show, NEC this weekend. Hall 20, stand 301, next to the Porsches.
nec14_1.jpg
nec14_1.jpg (150.02 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
Please put your ticket stubs in the box on the stand and the club gets cash back on them.

Rejen and JIA have a stand one across from us. They have a Vignale Interceptor which they are about to start a mammoth restoration on, a very nice early Mark 1 Interceptor (which I don't think is a Vignale car), a Convertible and JIA are there with a gorgeous Interceptor R.

Bavarez are also there as you come into the hall.
IMG_20141113_151710359.jpg
IMG_20141113_151710359.jpg (120.17 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
shaun

Re: JOC Stand at the NEC

Post by shaun »

See you on Saturday.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Looks great , see you Friday

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
Brinny11

Post by Brinny11 »

Will be going Sunday it will be nice to meet someone from the joc and pick there brains I hope!
mk2 interceptor 1971 6.3 needing complete rebuild!!!!1
Mark Ell

Post by Mark Ell »

WOW!! looking good i am so hyper to final go. I shall be there tomorrow storms and the airport gods permitting!
128-4562 G Series III interceptor
Chafford1

Post by Chafford1 »

zacmarshall wrote:Come and visit us on the JOC stand at the Classic Car Show, NEC this weekend. Hall 20, stand 301, next to the Porsches.
nec14_1.jpg
Please put your ticket stubs in the box on the stand and the club gets cash back on them.

Rejen and JIA have a stand one across from us. They have a Vignale Interceptor which they are about to start a mammoth restoration on, a very nice early Mark 1 Interceptor (which I don't think is a Vignale car), a Convertible and JIA are there with a gorgeous Interceptor R.

Bavarez are also there as you come into the hall.
IMG_20141113_151710359.jpg
Just highlights what a good looking car the 541 is.
Mark Williams JOC Member:2014
Mark Ell

Post by Mark Ell »

I had a great day at the show today now back up in Aberdeen. Stand looks great and great to see so many Jensen's in various other stands all looking brill. Very cool to meet up with members on the stands and look at the cars, well done to all :D
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Quite a 541-fest today! ...as well as the 3 on the JOC stand, there was Malcolm Verey's white car for sale a stone's throw away on Runnymede's stand (next to Bavarez's Supercharged FF) and Fuzz Townshend's completely stripped 541R on the Carole Nash insurance stand in hall 10 (near the official Jaguar stand). As well as photo-ops and signed photos of the great man himself (he's now a TV star, it's not owning a 541 that made him famous), the nice lady on the stand showered giveaways on me including a small but very nice Classic Cars calendar - can't wait for September 2015 and the Interceptor Mk1!

One of the car sales stands also had a blue Interceptor Coupe for sale.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Manwithaplan

Post by Manwithaplan »

T shirt reads: Bavarez Upsetting owners clubs one car at a time. Nice.
Restoration project vehicle Interceptor 115/ 3213
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

The name is Mike, another Mike.
ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

Great stand will an impressive range of cars in pristine condition. Thanks to all concerned and great seeing you all again.

My Interceptor alternator, crank and a/c pulley belt broke on way home down M40, and Bernard and I managed to get all the way down to Toddington services before the battery gave out with headlights blaring away (or not as it happened by then nor the electric pump haha). Great support from RAC who arrived with fresh battery within 15 minutes and then saw us off the motorway at junction 10. Yes, before the comments start, I should have had one on board but I used it just before setting off for Classic Le Mans and forgot to get a spare so only had the other belt spare. All good now.
ChrisG
128/4559 Interceptor III 1972
JOC Member 5252
Area Rep: NorthWest London
Mark Ell

Post by Mark Ell »

It was interesting to see the that some of the cars were poorly finished particularly the Interceptor R next to the Supercharged FF. Section of the rear window had the seal missing and which was covered up with a large section of black silicon…hmmmm really? why go to all the bother of uprating a car for modern living then having DIY solutions. I don't get it!
Last edited by Mark Ell on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chafford1

Post by Chafford1 »

Mark Ell wrote:It was interesting to see the that some of the cars were poly finished particularly the Interceptor R next to the Supercharged FF. Section of the rear window had the seal missing and which was covered up with a large section of black silicon…hmmmm really? why go to all the bother of uprating a car for modern living then having DIY solutions. I don't get it!
That's one of the early 'R's built by Bavarez. Was the latest Supercharged 'R' on the Rejen stand built to a higher quality?
Arcnewal

Post by Arcnewal »

Chafford1 wrote:
Mark Ell wrote:It was interesting to see the that some of the cars were poly finished particularly the Interceptor R next to the Supercharged FF. Section of the rear window had the seal missing and which was covered up with a large section of black silicon…hmmmm really? why go to all the bother of uprating a car for modern living then having DIY solutions. I don't get it!
That's one of the early 'R's built by Bavarez. Was the latest Supercharged 'R' on the Rejen stand built to a higher quality?
It certainly wa. I'll post some pictures of it either later tonight or tomorrow
Last edited by Arcnewal on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chafford1

Post by Chafford1 »

RAP72 published a couple of photos from the Rejen stand on Facebook - an interesting contrast:

£65,000 for the second car.
Last edited by Chafford1 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tdskip

Post by tdskip »

Fantastic show of it gentlemen, well done!

Sorry to hear of your trouble Chris but it sounds like it was readily sorted out.
Interceptor III being built up for fast road touring events

(Please excuse poor spelling resulting from frequently being on a mobile device)

Return to “General Discussion”