NEC Ticket prices

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
timmo

NEC Ticket prices

Post by timmo »

I've been pondering this for a few years now, why is it the Discount codes never apply to Friday as well as Saturday and Sunday?

Also why is Friday more expensive and yet the show is open for an hour less? There's no more to see, the shows exactly the same

I always go on the Friday but I'm beginning to think I'm being ripped off a little..
CV8III 112/2418
1972 Vw Type2 Westfalia Camper
1964 Lambretta Li 150 Silver Special
1973 Mk1 Jensen-Healey
Martin R

Re: NEC Ticket prices

Post by Martin R »

Most people go on the Saturday and Sunday, being the weekend. Fewer people are able to go on a Friday, so the visitor's experience is better.
I guess you're paying for being more comfortable, able to see things better and get closer in a relatively uncrowded and relaxed manner.
The NEC know this and you have to pay a premium for it.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
AlistairT

Post by AlistairT »

A little higher on Friday due to being a press day, all the classic press turn up ect ect....Sat and Sun are club days,,,come down and help clean cars....cheers
Alistair Thomas
Lancashire
541R
Mark Ell

Post by Mark Ell »

AlistairT wrote:A little higher on Friday due to being a press day, all the classic press turn up ect ect....Sat and Sun are club days,,,come down and help clean cars....cheers

I am going for the first time on Friday, well excited however what's club days?? does the JOC have cars there on Friday :?
128-4562 G Series III interceptor
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

I think I will go up on the Friday by myself and the take the family up on Saturday.
It was the first time I went last year a thought it was an excellent show. Even the misses enjoyed it.
I think the ticket price is on par for what you would expect for a show like this.
I build exhibition stands for a living so the more popular these shows are, the more work I get :D
The more money I get, that equals more fuel for the Jensen :D :D :D
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
Davenewby

Post by Davenewby »

The JOC will be there throughout the show.
We will be located in Hall 20. Please do come and see us on the stand. If you have bought tickets, please remember to leave the "stubs" with us on the stand as we can claim a small rebate towards Club funds for each ticket sold.

See you at the show.

David
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Don't forget the discount code for club members shown in the members only section.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Mark Ell

Post by Mark Ell »

zacmarshall wrote:Don't forget the discount code for club members shown in the members only section.
What's the code for Zac? Members only section of the show or this forum, sorry if I am being thick :) I have my Friday ticket but not sure if the code applies to other things
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Mark, this is the Members Only section of the Forum, where a discount code is given that saves a couple of quid off the entry price. Luckily for your peace of mind, this only applies for Sat and Sunday, not Friday.
Last year we had to contact a committee member to be sent our "secret" code, so the Members Only section is a big step forward.

At the show, if you let the JOC people manning the stand know you are a member, you might be entitled to a lukewarm soft drink in a plastic cup. Or not. There is a limit on generosity.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Mark Ell

Post by Mark Ell »

I shall wear my T shirt with pride!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jensen-T-Shir ... 3a7d8bb75d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These guys do all colour combos I have several :D sad?
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

I will be wearing my club one for the same price

Kevin, Do I get a free one for the plug? :D

C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Mark Ell

Post by Mark Ell »

I like! They didn't have them when I bought mine but just looking at the shop there is some nice T's and polo's I urge all that's going to "badge up for Jensen" :D

Return to “General Discussion”