VUB 814M Interceptor III

Here's where to post photos of your cars. We all want to see your Jensens!
SwissUK

VUB 814M Interceptor III

Post by SwissUK »

More to follow when the vinyl roof is done!

The last one was approx. 1979 when my dad first bought it from the Director of Chippendale Plant Hire in Leeds - I'm sure my dad and great Aunt will love me for posting that!

It was then taken off the road in 1981 as it had already started to rot after only 7 years and completely rebuilt from the ground up.
Dave

1974 Interceptor III Series 4 2240/9313
1973 Aston Martin V8i
1970 MGB Roadster
1979 MGB Roadster
Dean

Chassis number

Post by Dean »

Hi SwissUK

I've just realised your car is only one chassis number before mine.

It's looking great, can't wait to see finished photos.
Int. MKIII Series 4
2240/9314
SwissUK

Post by SwissUK »

Cheers for your kind words Dean,

I do apologise for the quality of the last few photo's, (sadly these were taken before the digital age circa 1990!) but still show the extent of the rebuild I guess.

Just had a look at yours - what a cracking motor and a fab colour to boot! I just wish the swatch error hadn't been made when we took ours for spraying back in 02! Still undecided what colour to go for, (it will have to change as none of us can stand the current shade of blue) but I'm thinking back to the original white to keep everything as was. . . . although . . . . just seen the black Gama one that's due on Top Gear . . .
Dave

1973 Aston Martin V8i
1970 MGB Roadster
1979 MGB Roadster
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

I think its totally awesome that you have managed to keep hold of your dads car all these years, a great familly treasure!
Its re-birth with you kind of marks a new chapter so although I'm a originality freak, you shouldn't beat yourself up about the colour etc,its still your dads old car at the end of the day, just go a colour that you wont tire of after a year!!
All the very very best with it, lovely to have just a thing to share with your dad.
Wish I had dads SP oh well.
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

What colour is your interior Dave?
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
SwissUK

Post by SwissUK »

Very true Tim!

It is very much like a brother and was certainly my introduction into the car world at a very young age, "Just hold this for 5 minutes while I hit it / weld it etc" - 3 hours later. . . . I think that went on from the age of 5 upwards!
We have tried to keep everything mostly original along the way bar sensible upgrades like Poly bushes / Cooling Fans / Fuel Pump / Uprated Starter / Stainless Exhaust / Edelbrock Carb & Manifold etc so there's nothing too out of place.

The interior is Navy blue which I guess was a good contrast with the original white and looks somewhat out of place now with the blue exterior, it has spent the last 30 years in the loft covered up so it's still in really good condition thankfully.

Her indoors mentioned selling it to fund the latest project and wasn't overly happy with my reply :wink:
Dave

1973 Aston Martin V8i
1970 MGB Roadster
1979 MGB Roadster

Return to “Members' Cars”