Mk11 and Convertible

Here's where to post photos of your cars. We all want to see your Jensens!
Grant

Mk11 and Convertible

Post by Grant »

Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Kieron
Co-Administrator

Post by Kieron »

what lovely looking cars....
1968 Interceptor Mk 1 115/3012
1971 FF MK 2 127/284
Grant

Post by Grant »

Many Thanks Kieron,
I love them too,after all,they are Jensens,how could we or anyone not love them!!! :lol:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Love the mk2 numberplate. Shame it was not 911 :)
taximan

Post by taximan »

Is the convertible copper brown metallic, a ford colour?
I take it the junction is not a busy one :lol:
Front grille is series 4 on MK11 ?
Shaun.
Last edited by taximan on Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VAUXHALL VISCOUNT 1969
MB W213 220D
MB E Class Cabriolet
JOC Member 9052
Grant

Post by Grant »

RAP72 wrote:Love the mk2 numberplate. Shame it was not 911 :)
Your dead right there!!! :D ,mind you,it would'nt have been ?500 ,but that was 20yrs ago when I bought it!! thats how long Ive had that Jensens,god where does the time go!!!! :roll: :roll: OH god I'l be 50 soon, I had my 1st interceptor when I was 20yrs old, :D. that was when fuel was a bit cheaper, but I remember filling the tank to go to the international in maidenhead,got all muddled up and went to maidstone,but strangly enough found the same hotel(obviously a chain of them), when I got there I was the only Jensen,I went to the reception and asked where are all the Jensens,she looked at me strangely and said "i think you should have gone to the same Hotel but in Maidenhaed!!" of course I didnt have enough money to refuel and go the same distance in the opposite direction!!! :D :D , I may have tought I was King of the road in my Interceptor but deep down I was a complete IDIOT!!
Here I am at 20yrs old. 27yrs ago beside my mk11 then!! :lol:
Last edited by Grant on Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

taximan wrote:Is the convertible copper brown metallic, a ford colour?
I take it the junction is not a busy one :lol:
Shaun.
Yes Shaun,your dead right there, it is that colour exactly, well done,Do you remember the mk1 granada in the sweeny,that was this colour too wasnt it!! :D
I am in the middle of repainting it now,i did take it to bare metal and there was no rot I'l Post some pics,
I was going to repaint a different colour,but Ive changed my mind because its quite an unusual colour,not many of them this colour is there?? :lol:
Best Regards
Grant
Last edited by Grant on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
taximan

Post by taximan »

I had a MK1 facelift capri in copper brown 30 years ago, i ripped off the black vinyl roof and replaced with a tabasco coloured one, which proved to be a fantastic combination and suited the car perfectly.
Shaun.
VAUXHALL VISCOUNT 1969
MB W213 220D
MB E Class Cabriolet
JOC Member 9052
Grant

Post by Grant »

taximan wrote:I had a MK1 facelift capri in copper brown 30 years ago, i ripped off the black vinyl roof and replaced with a tabasco coloured one, which proved to be a fantastic combination and suited the car perfectly.
Shaun.
Was It A 3 litre? i am still into them in a big way,I have an original 3litre X pack which was the 1st one built and was Fords press Car Series X. If your interested still pm me your email adress and I'l email you some pics Shaun.
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

Here some pics of the Convertible in bare metal and primer following hours of panel prep/straightening
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
taximan

Post by taximan »

Unfortunately not a 3 litre in the MK1 had 2 3 litre MK2s though, one of which i fitted usa spec lights to, twins instead of rectangular and indicators in front grille with running lights(amber) built in.

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q= ... 94&bih=612

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader ... slideshow/

Shaun.
VAUXHALL VISCOUNT 1969
MB W213 220D
MB E Class Cabriolet
JOC Member 9052
Grant

Post by Grant »

Shaun.[/quote]
Yes I wanted it a bit different so took a few leafs out,and yet,I read your posting I found the other day and thought it was very enginious how you done your grill,I now realise from your info why mine never looked quite right,you done it with 6 leafs show,being the even numbers and then with 5 showing being the odd numbers or visa versa, I thought the 5 looked best,and mine has the 6 showing so thats why!!! :wink:
I may change mine now,but only highlighting every other one I thought was such a good idea,I remember messing around making the gaps correct with spacers etc,well done that man!! :) it looked great. :roll:
I did and it was a long time ago put quite a few mk111 bits on it because I longed for a mk111,but in hinesight should have left it as it was,as Ive got older I appreciate the older stuff more,I never really used to like mk1's, and yet now, I LOVE EM!!!
Grant :o :lol:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
taximan

Post by taximan »

MK1s the animal, MK2s onwards seemed to have been made family friendly, from rotweiler to labrador.
Shaun.

This was the colour of my roof.

http://www.spradlingvinyl.com/pattern-d ... or=Tabasco
VAUXHALL VISCOUNT 1969
MB W213 220D
MB E Class Cabriolet
JOC Member 9052
Grant

Post by Grant »

Well, mk11's were still 383ci and just as lively,even really early mk3's were even 383ci and just as lively as mk1's,but then it all went down hill from the as the stringent us emissions got worse and worse,and by 75 they were strangled and as you say Labradoors,We just has the convertible engine out,wizzed that tame cam out and changed it for the same as the mk11 383ci one,(also the same as early SP)also the torque convertor in the late ones were small,which gave a slow load up and not much happens untill the revs build up,so we put early large torque convertor in,the same as your car and in mk2's, we also took of all the emission stuff, it made so much difference,unbeliveable,we raised compression a little too by 40thou off the heads,still wouldnt have compression like mk1 and2/early mk3 but is now so different,no labradoorness as you call it Shaun!! :lol:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
taximan

Post by taximan »

Crossed wires there, was talking ford, wish i could have had 383 in a capri! biggest was 5 litre for south african market.
Shaun.
VAUXHALL VISCOUNT 1969
MB W213 220D
MB E Class Cabriolet
JOC Member 9052

Return to “Members' Cars”