NEC stand 2012

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
colin7673
now normal...

NEC stand 2012

Post by colin7673 »

Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: NEC stand 2012

Post by VFK44 »

I've just realised that the SV-8 on the stand... isn't!

With two CV-8s on the stand, do you call it a "Mk4"?
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

VFK44 wrote:I've just realised that the SV-8 on the stand... isn't!

With two CV-8s on the stand, do you call it a "Mk4"?

Yes :D
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

The unique ex Lord Carrington factory C-V8 convertible

Zac2 (Stephen Zacarolli)'s CV8 III

Bob Heydon's Healey mk 1

Bob' Healey again with Mark Rivron's Interceptor II, this is a 1970 Motor Show car

Mark's Interceptor II again

Colin and Diane enjoting their last NEC as Regalia Secretaries

The Viperceptor or Jensen Seagrave - a fantastic car, much nicer then a Interceptor R or S in my opinion

This low mileage SP was for sale for £45,000

This racing 541 was for sale on the same stand for £75,000

There was also a black Intercetptor III on one of the auction stands, I think it got bid to £26,000 and didn't meet the reserve.
Apparently it was a prime example of cars looking better in photos.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
MikeWilliams
Early Cars Expert

Post by MikeWilliams »

Nobody's pointed out the Jensen-built A40 Sports which appears to be on the adjacent stand in the background.

Mike
Mike
(former JOC Early Cars Registrar)
(former owner of 116/3328 and P66)
Still own 1938 Jensen HL1 drophead
Davenewby

Post by Davenewby »

MikeWilliams wrote:Nobody's pointed out the Jensen-built A40 Sports which appears to be on the adjacent stand in the background.
The car is well known to the JOC and once again,I had a long conversation with the charming owner. It did get many approving looks from Jensen owners when its origins were pointed out.

David
Davenewby

Post by Davenewby »

Once again, the JOC had a very successful Classic Motor Show thanks to the efforts of some very enthusiastic Members. There were too many to thank individually but I would like to single out just a few!

The cars really were the stars of the show and I must say a massive thanks to Paul Bridges who laboured night and day to bring along the unique S V-8 Coupe aka the CV-8 MkIV. This was the cars first public appearance in its completed form and it looked great as it motored triumphantly into the Hall and was certainly an eye-catcher. Thanks also to Martin and Hillary Bryant for bringing along the unique factory built C V-8 Convertible which attracted so much attention. Zac Zacarolli brought his great C V-8 Mk111 to complete the “C V-8 Trio” whilst Bob Heydon’s bright yellow Jensen-Healey really was a stunner and Bob enthused about the car to the general public endlessly over the 3 days of the show. Last but by no means least, was Mark Rivron who drove the 280 miles up from deepest Cornwall to allow his great Mk11 Interceptor to attend its second Motor Show in 42 years! I think that both he and the car enjoyed it! All of these cars were much appreciated by the general public and all did their individual bit to keep the Jensen marque to the fore.
Colin and Diane Mayes once again manned the ever popular and impressive Regalia Trailer along with a few other conscripted Members. Unfortunately, this will be their last showing with the Trailer at the Classic Motor Show, but they went out in a blaze of glory.

Thanks also to all those other who helped to make the JOC Stand into the fine spectacle that it was and to ensure that the “Friendly Club” continues to punch well above its weight in classic car circles.

See you all next year,

David :D :D :D :D :D
Trevithick

Post by Trevithick »

Thanks to all the support as well.
Left at 3.15 on Thursday, 589 miles in all, ?180 worth of fuel and I got home last night at 10.30.
I'm knackered !! :wink:
A fine stand indeed.
I just can't help myself but :wink:
Getting there (the JH was superb).
All the stand was well trodden by the end.
And lens time :wink:
All seriousness it was a shame this never got into production.
Other Jensen products.

And of course, this fine beasty.

And finally a pair of Bristols :shock:
Last edited by Trevithick on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Well done, the car looked good and it was nice to have met you but I would not have recognised you from your photo.
Trevithick

Post by Trevithick »

RAP72 wrote:Well done, the car looked good and it was nice to have met you but I would not have recognised you from your photo.
Funny that :lol:
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
the stig/130

Post by the stig/130 »

hi all, good collection of jensens on the stand, nice to see some familiar faces on the stand, :) spoke to david mayes, gave my daughter (grace) a bag to hide the bag advertisting something, nice man, introduced myself to our new chairman, paul lewis, (no,he didn`t run away!) liked the 1/2 a jensen remark, "that`s you?" thought his accent was local to me, he was from oldham lancs,years ago. yey! saw some of the other jensens mentioned, the seagrave is brill, i was at the show for 2 days, manning the Fiat motor club stand ( I am the 130 registrar 3.2 litre, hence 1/2 a jensen) well done to all who manned the stand, and to the members who built and dismantled the stand,does just appear there,
when i was stand organiser for the fiat club, i would start early, get the carpet and chairs,regalia from lock-up 1, had to go to bury, lancs, to collect a fiat gamine, painted to look like noddy`s car one year, (don`t ask!) towing it behind a vauxhall senator (ditto), then on the sunday, leave the n.e.c,head back to manchester, put the gamine in a garage, put the gear in lock-up 1, get my tea from takeaway, home for 10.45 pm, good job i book mondays off work, little insight into what goes on, if i have bored you :-p
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

the stig/130 wrote:hi all, good collection of jensens on the stand, nice to see some familiar faces on the stand, :) spoke to david mayes, gave my daughter (grace) a bag to hide the bag advertisting something, nice man,
Who's he??
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
the stig/130

Post by the stig/130 »

colin mayers (sorry) or the stig/130? :)
p.s. I have a tow bar to fit the 130 coupe :roll:
p.p.s. if i inherit stigant hall,(plus money) would like the segrave, or maybe the lottery win, :roll:
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

the stig/130 wrote:colin mayers (sorry) or the stig/130? :)
I think you might mean Colin Mayes :roll:
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
MitchellCullen

Post by MitchellCullen »

Great looking cars hope to go there next year. Anyone able to give me some info on the grey Interceptor with that viper engine :oops: ? Looks very tasteful

Return to “General Discussion”