surviving Mk1s

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
interjen

Surviving Mk1's

Post by interjen »

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply. 115/3215 is as she left the factory, Mist grey exterior with red leather. Her reg number is WLR 94G, when i bought it she had a later reg number DEG 967K, i was told that it had been back to the factory in 1972 and was fully rebuilt and assigned this later year letter but who knows for sure? it was with the help of Ian Breacher that she got her original plate reassigned.
Simon.
2340/1842 Int Conv
1640/30077 GT
115/3215 Int MK1
Bentley 111
Mk1/Mk2 Jag
DB7 Vantage Volante
1926 Clyno Royal Saloon
1922 Aveling and Porter Steam Roller (Sally)
GPZ900R
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

I have just been told that the website is running slow. Has anyone else had problems and if so could you advise what the problem might be. My son has suggested that I should buy dedicated server space rather than use the free (?) MobileMe space that comes as part of the package. He says they slow down your site if you get to many hits.

Answers please from those more techie than me - that means all readers! :shock:
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

It's working OK for me, although the pictures take a while to arrive. Make sure the thumbnails are not fullsize pictures shrunk down, as this would take a while to load.

A paid host should be better, but not necessarily if you pick a bad one. Try 5quidhost for a company with a clear explanation of costs and what you get - seems to get good reviews. As it says, standard package is xxx£5 a month.

Stephen
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
toonkojak
JOC Eastern Europe Rep

Post by toonkojak »

RAP72 wrote:I have just been told that the website is running slow. Has anyone else had problems and if so could you advise what the problem might be. My son has suggested that I should buy dedicated server space rather than use the free (?) MobileMe space that comes as part of the package. He says they slow down your site if you get to many hits.
Steve, what I have noticed is that when I use Internet Explorer your webpage really is running slow and sometimes it even causes IE to break down.

These problems never occur when I use Firefox.

Though have no idea why...
125/5021
133/5793
ajm541s

computer problem

Post by ajm541s »

These problems never occur when I use Firefox.

Acted on the above and have now ditched Explorer! Thanks Toonkojak, the programme runs at lightning speed.
Last edited by ajm541s on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
73Mark111

Post by 73Mark111 »

Google Chrome is much faster than IE too.
Mark
I can't see the bottom of the hole I've dug!

1973 Interceptor MK 111
136-8513
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

I can't see the post about Paul Baker Custom Metal works at the moment so will post here that a sharp eyed member ( Stephen VFK44) noticed he had a Mk1. I emailed late last night asking for details and received a prompt response this morning.
It looks like Paul is saving another one from the great scrap yard in the sky. The work he is doing, his comments and a few pictures are on my site.

The chassis number is 115/3194. Symon this could be for you!
:D
ajm541s

Identity

Post by ajm541s »

And this is one of the very few without a reg number in Calver, so useful for Richard to have.

BTW is Mike Yarwood's Interceptor still around? I remember him having one in 1974/5, and I think it was Strat Blue, but more than that I cannot remember.
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

I'm sure I saw this car,probably on e-bay a few years back, some fire damage & in a bit of a state, was as you say circa '74 mk111.
Grant

Post by Grant »

I found an Interceptor sitting on a drive in Streatham,I could tell it hadnt been moved for sometime,this was probably 18yrs ago,maybe a bit longer,anyway,it was 75 N reg and red,black leather, I knocked about the car and the person who answered was a bit vaige,said it was being stored for someone,I really like the look of the car and wanted to try and buy it,I noted the reg and got a friend of a friend in the met to get the owners address for me, and off I went to colindale north london,knocked on the door and the greek man opened the door and I spoke to him,I said I knew of his interceptor and was interested in buying it,he said "my car is in storage" in someones drive out in the elements I said,he didnt believe me and said it was involved in a court case with Slipstream autos,after a stalling problem,he took it into slipstream and after being presented with a big Invoice he took it around the block and was confronted with the same stalling problem,took it back had a row and left it with them,next thing the court case was presented to him and the car(he was told) had gone into safe secure storage untill the case was settled, I said well its in a drive in streatham,he didnt believe me, so I went and took pictures for him and took them back to him,he was so shocked,we sat down and he began to explain it all again and said it used to belong to Mike Yarwood,he didnt want to sell it, and that was the last I heard.
That was Red N reg anyway,I had no reason to doubt him,so either it had been repainted a different colour after Mike and again when Tim saw it on ebay Who knows,but theres a story about it!!
:roll:
Grant
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
toonkojak
JOC Eastern Europe Rep

Post by toonkojak »

RAP72 wrote: The chassis number is 115/3194. Symon this could be for you! :D
Thanks Steve, got your e-mail, that's very much appreciated!

I have been told that there are two Mk Is in Vienna, Austria! Both for long time in storage. Both are said to be LHD, originally delivered to Germany but Austrian-registered for more than 20 years.

Hopefully, I'll be able to see them soon. My friend is a classic car dealer in Austria and he has got the information about those cars from one of his clients.

Both cars are said to be once owned by the same man who passed away in the mid 90s. Both cars have not been on the road since. Now, the widow, an elderly lady, wants to sell them.

I'll be able to give more information and confirm or deny the above when I see the cars, hopefully by mid-April.
125/5021
133/5793
ajm541s

Pictures from the past - 1

Post by ajm541s »

Taken at the factory in 1969, anybody recognise anybody?
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
ajm541s

and number 2

Post by ajm541s »

Also taken in 1969, but can anybody say where? And does this car still exist, 117/3150? I rather think it one of the pair in a container in The Netherlands. There are three more pictures taken at the same time, one with the 'driver's Golden Spaniel!
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
CV8600hp

Int1

Post by CV8600hp »

Tony

not a Dutch license plate

regards
paul
seen everything Jensen in the past 25 years
2x INTERCEPTOR CONVERTIBLE .Alfa 156 v6