Ace Cafe Style Car Meet - Leeds Saturday 12th September 2009

This post is currently vacant - If you are interested in filing the post or organising an event, please send an e-mail to areas@joc.org.uk.
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Ace Cafe Style Car Meet - Leeds Saturday 12th September 2009

Post by Mark Maniatt »

For anyone who has'nt been able to get down to the famous 'Ace Cafe' Classic Car nights in London, but wished they could,here is your solution.

For many years now,a collection of classic car owners have held a meeting on the second Saturday of the month in the car park of the B&Q
and Burger King alongside the intersection of Dewsbury Road and the M621 Slip Road on the West side of Leeds.
Its dead easy to find as this is the slip road immediately after the M621 junction for the Leeds United football ground,Elland Road, which you can clearly see from the motorway.Simply go to the next juction in the direction of Manchester and you cant miss the B&Q sign.

Brendan and I will both be there from around 5.30 onwards.At the August meeting,Brendan reckond over 100 cars attended.Having been to the Ace Cafe meeting in August, I can confirm that the variety of cars that attend the Leeds meet( from as far afield as Liverppol and Hull) are in a different league.I have seen cars in Leeds that I have never come across before.

These meetings have developed solely through word of mouth so you are unlikely to find any mention via the internet etc.

I look forward to seeing some JOC members at Septembers meet.

All the best,

Mark & Brendan
Jazz and Jensens.There is a God
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
brendan

Post by brendan »

Hi all Mark is right this well worth a visit.

It is a mix of kit, custom, classic and Americana.

A nice bunch of people and during the summer month it has a good turn out and last month there was just over a hundred cars at the peak.

But I have to say some call early and don’t stay and some call late for an hour or so.

The best thing come along and see for your self.
8926 136/8195 BJM 639
Stephen Duxbury

Post by Stephen Duxbury »

Hi guys, only just read this, wish i had seen it before, are you planning on going on October night? or does it finish for winter as getting dark by then

Stephen
Interceptor II 1971 123/4227
Jensen Owners Club Membership no 7471 http://www.prestset.co.uk/jensen

1995 Bentley Brooklands
2018 VW Tiguan 240ps R-Line
2017 Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 Motorbike
brendan

Post by brendan »

Hi Stephen

As it gets colder and darker in October and winter months the enthusiasm drops last month there was about 100 cars this month there was about 120 cars if not more it’s a bit hit and miss as it is not organized by any one person just word of mouth.

When you mention B&Q it sound a bit s**t but large car parks are hard to come by.

So my advice would be try it for your self there is always a nice display of Bikes, Kit, Custom, Classic and Americana.

It stats about 17.30 till 21.00 some get there early and leave early and some later an stay to the end.

I try to get there about 18.00 and stay for an hour or two.

This month I stayed till 21.00

Thanks Brendan
8926 136/8195 BJM 639

Return to “Yorkshire Area”