Building the Worlds Fastest Jensen

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
SMaley

Building the Worlds Fastest Jensen

Post by SMaley »

I have just read the article in the latest Jensen Owners Club Journal about the record attempt at the fastest Jensen. I am extremely confused. Owning two SV8’s and knowing the history of these machines I thought it was undisputed that these Jensens are likely to remain the fastest. The claimed top speed is 164mph but records show one was tested and exceeded 180mph ! Can someone help me out on this one. Thanks.
‘To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid’
Keith

Re: Building the Worlds Fastest Jensen

Post by Keith »

SMaley wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:09 pm but records show one was tested and exceeded 180mph ! Can someone help me out on this one. Thanks.
Are you referring to an S-V8? Who tested it?
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
SMaley

Post by SMaley »

Paul Ffoulkes Halbard of the Filching Manor collection in conjunction with ‘Hot Cars’ back in about 2006.
I know there are probably restomod Interceptors faster but for a bog standard factory Jensen must go to the SV8
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Regardless, if the C-V8 that Ian is working on hits the magical 200mph, it will officially be "The World's Fastest Jensen".
I wish Ian every success with his attempt(s).
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
johnw

Post by johnw »

I think you can rule out the Restomod Interceptors. The aero wouldn't be stable at 180. An FF on the other hand... :D :D :D
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
SMaley

Post by SMaley »

I agree, if they hit 200mph, all respect to them. 170mph however is a way short and less than an existing car which is why I was surprised at the articles headline. I also wish them every success.

Return to “General Discussion”