Mk3 Int Project at Hobbs Parker auction NNV 505M

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Peter Rothery

Mk3 Int Project at Hobbs Parker auction NNV 505M

Post by Peter Rothery »

https://www.hobbsparker.co.uk/car-aucti ... d=10064871
NNV 505M.jpg
NNV 505M.jpg (150.52 KiB) Viewed 459 times
slotcarone

Re: Mk3 Int Project at Hobbs Parker auction NNV 505M

Post by slotcarone »

Looks like a nice car. Foolish to not get it out of the garage and clean it up. Someone is going to get a good deal on this one. :)
1972 Interceptor III
133-5612
Cobrasteve

Post by Cobrasteve »

Hi all
Do we know if this is the cars original colour scheme and spec
Thanks
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Chassis 136-8598. Originally mustard with black vinyl roof and tan interior with quartz fog lights....so no not original in that respect.

The storage conditions look pretty damp so in 37 years off the road (untaxed since according to DVLA) it will not now be in that good a state. That type of garage roof tend to drip condensation under some circumstances as seen but the white deposits which will have done the paint few favours.

I am surprised to see the Sanden type replacement air con compressor if it has indeed been untouched for 37 years!

With the auction so far away I am sure some additional pictures will be forthcoming when it gets to the auction site. At least the red paint, when wet, looks shiney and unfaded having been out of direct UV light for decades.

As for a bargain, Hobbs Parker have a great habit with their online auctions of dreaming up an estimate of say £10k but starting the online bidding at £9900 thus leaving little room to bag a so called "bargain". They just might as well stick a price on it and put it on a forecourt! Regardless this will probably require a shed load of money to get back on the road and probably not be worth the cash invested at this time unless the Market picks up significantly in the next 2 years that the project will take.
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Now extracted from its resting place and better pictures posted on the auction website.

https://www.hobbsparker.co.uk/car-aucti ... d=10064871
nnv 505m 1.jpeg
nnv 505m 1.jpeg (221.58 KiB) Viewed 228 times
WIL

Post by WIL »

Sadly, another 'can of worms', e.g.that tailgate, ouch!
I have run out of space here, but if I had more I would fill it with all these Interceptor projects, wait for that lottery win and then provide enough work for all the restorers (including the new generation of apprentices) for years to come?!
Wil
Jensen Interceptor 111
1970 E-type Jaguar S11 2+2
Ford Cougar
Maserati Granturismo
1975 Alfa Romeo GT 1.8 (resto project.. one day!)
Morris Highwayman 1962
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Someone obviously thought it was worth the hammer price of £6300. Having looked at it yesterday the interior, bonnet, screen looked salvageable. The rest - sills, floors, door bottoms, tailgate, engine, tyres, exhaust etc etc etc will soak up another £20k to £30k. Let's hope the Market has picked up by the time it is finished and the investment is worth it.

Return to “Cars For Sale”