Jean Smith passed away last night

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
zacmarshall

Jean Smith passed away last night

Post by zacmarshall »

Former JOC committee member and long time member Jean Smith passed away last night at home surrounded by family.

Jean was Regalia Secretary back when I joined in 2000, and also ran the Wessex Area along with husband Alan. Jean's warm welcome and enthusiasm is one of the reasons I became so involved with the club.

Jean will be sorely missed.

Jean is survived by husband and former Chairman Alan, sons Dan and Sam, and daughter Sarah

Jean at the Queens Jubilee Celebrations
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
colin7673
now normal...

Re: Jean Smith passed away last night

Post by colin7673 »

My deepest sympathy to Alan and his family.
Both Diane and I had the greatest respect for Jean, she was full of joy and a great person to be around.
She will be greatly missed by us both.

May she Rest In Peace.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
shiraz kid

Post by shiraz kid »

Very sad to hear that Jean has passed away.

She was a super ambassador for all JOC members, and had an encyclopediac knowledge of the Club's history and its evolution over very many years. Jean's hard work at Club events (including all the humdrum tasks) will be sorely missed.

My deepest sympathy goes to Alan and all his family inc Dan.

RIP Jean - you were a star.

Shiraz Kid.
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

So sorry to read such sad news.
Was always a pleasure to have worked with Jean who did so much for the club.
She will indeed be missed by the club, but most of all by her family to whom I extend the deepest of sympathies.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

It was only last October that Alan and Jean were with us and the rest of the "Bude weekend" crowd in Bude for our traditional end of year weekend and while we could see that Jean was not well, to learn this morning of her passing so soon after is quite a shock, certainly not something expected so soon. She had had a nasty bout of Covid not long before coming to Bude and even over the 5 days we were there she seemed to be recovering well, well enough in fact to give a gift to our hotel hosts as a thank you as that was going to be the last time in that particular hotel after some 20 odd years of going there. It was fitting that Jean gave them the gift on our last stay as Jean was instrumental in finding the hotel in the first place.
Now at peace.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Really saddened to read of the passing of Jean Smith. Both Jean and Alan put their heart and soul into the successful running of the Jensen Owners’ Club, which I was lucky enough to join as Alan became Chairman.

Jane and I will never forget how Jean and Alan made us feel so welcome in the club. Often going out of their way to include us. Whether it was at an informal gathering or a more organised event.

Personally, I enjoyed being on the receiving end of Jean’s wicked sense of humour - you had to be on your mettle to stand a chance of winning banter or discussion with Jean!

Of course Jean was 100% committed to helping Alan as Chairman of the JOC - in fact, to be honest, I think we had co-chairs at the heart of running the club at that time. Etched in my memory is their arrival at a club event with Jean scrunched up in the back of their Interceptor MK111 - the folded club gazebo taking up space in the front passenger seat and other event paraphernalia packed all around her.

Sadly, the Smith family have been through tough times recently with the untimely passing of their son Dan’s wife Jackie and now Jean.

You will be much missed Jean, and thank you for enriching our lives.

Sending our love and condolences to you Alan, and to Dan, Sam and the wider Smith family at this sad time for you all.

Stuart and Jane xxx
Attachments
IMG_1264.jpeg
IMG_1264.jpeg (336.04 KiB) Viewed 340 times
Helen

Post by Helen »

This is so sad. I know it was not unexpected because she has not been well for some time but it's still a shock..My thoughts are with Alan, Dan, Sam, Sarah and the Smith clan. Jean we shall miss you.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
rmangroo

Post by rmangroo »

Thank you Zac for letting us know.

This is such very sad news. Karan and my deepest sympathy to the Smith family. Our thoughts are with you all and hope the memories you shared with Jean all bring you peace knowing she is now at peace.

Raj
Raj Mangroo (She/Her)
JOC Regalia Secretary, regalia@joc.org.uk
JOC IT Officer, it@joc.org.uk
Keith

Post by Keith »

Mark1Stu wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:16 pm Really saddened to read of the passing of Jean Smith. Both Jean and Alan put their heart and soul into the successful running of the Jensen Owners’ Club, which I was lucky enough to join as Alan became Chairman.

Jane and I will never forget how Jean and Alan made us feel so welcome in the club. Often going out of their way to include us. Whether it was at an informal gathering or a more organised event.
Well said Stuart.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
AlistairT

Post by AlistairT »

Condolences to all of the family at this difficult time, RIP Jean..
Alistair Thomas
Lancashire
541R
Barrie
Tupperware Extraordinaire!

Post by Barrie »

So sorry to hear the news.
Jean always had a smile and a cheery wave for me.
My condolences to the family
“Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people." Garrison Keillor
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Like many others here, I am really upset to have heard this news.
The welcome extended by both Jean and Alan Smith over many years, is one of the reasons I signed up to join the JOC in the first place.
Jean supported the club throughout my membership and, well before I joined the club so she will be greatly missed.
My sincere condolences go out to Alan and the whole family.
RIP Jean.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905

Return to “General Discussion”