'Residual Vehicles'

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
AH1951

'Residual Vehicles'

Post by AH1951 »

Mick g

Re: 'Residual Vehicles'

Post by Mick g »

We aren’t in the EU anymore :D
Vauxhall Astra 4S
shaun

Post by shaun »

surely, this cant be the one tangible benefit of leaving the EU? SORRY........ :roll: :roll:
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Mick g wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:09 pm We aren’t in the EU anymore :D
Mick,

Not everybody on this Forum lives in the UK.

I live in Germany.

:D
Mick g

Post by Mick g »

Fair point chaps, plenty of classic cars in Europe
Vauxhall Astra 4S
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

What a load of drivel and misinformed rubbish.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

I too tried to look up from where this was coming from, and didn't find anything. On the representation of our interests, which he mentions. Our club is a member of the SHVF, the Swiss Historic Vehicle Federation, the Swiss umbrella organisation for classic car clubs, who are very involved lobbying the interests of classic car owners. As is the FIVA (Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens), the worldwide federative association of historic automobile clubs. I'm not sure what the situation in the UK or other countries is.

Edit: in the UK it seems to be the HCVA, but the members are from the trade and industry. None of the classics car clubs are members.
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Chris_R wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:45 pm What a load of drivel and misinformed rubbish.
Thank you for that comment, Chris.

You are probably correct.

What took you so long to respond?

Usually, after a quick Google, you come on here and put us straight.

You were similarly dismissive of road charging (pay-per-mile) when it was mentioned in the tabloid press a couple of years ago, but unfortunately, some of these proposals do tend to become reality eventually.
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Edit: in the UK it seems to be the HCVA, but the members are from the trade and industry. None of the classics car clubs are members.
No, it's the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs Limited, the JOC is listed as a member:

https://www.fbhvc.co.uk/member-clubs

In Germany it's the ADAC?

https://fiva.org/en/fiva-members/
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

AH1951 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:05 pm
Chris_R wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:45 pm What a load of drivel and misinformed rubbish.
Thank you for that comment, Chris.

You are probably correct.

What took you so long to respond?

Usually, after a quick Google, you come on here and put us straight.

You were similarly dismissive of road charging (pay-per-mile) when it was mentioned in the tabloid press a couple of years ago, but unfortunately, some of these proposals do tend to become reality eventually.
I have made it my business to investigate the new End-of-Life proposal for vehicles. At this time it is not determined if this will be a Regulation or a Directive but the direction of travel is more towards a Directive than a Regulation. Historic Vehicles, all Historic Vehicles, are specifically defined and are excluded from the scope of the proposals. It had been proposed that parts, once removed from cars could not be exported from the EU, the intention of that was to prevent dumping of rubbish on 3rd world countries. It had been badly written. That has been updated to say cannot be exported to countries outside (I think I'm right on this) the OECD. Parts removed from HVs are now not subject to the proposals and will be able to be retained and sold just as we do today. I have been liaising on this with the FIVA Vice-President on their Legislation Commission. FIVA has contact with EU commission officials who are drafting these proposals and is actively working with the EU commission.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------

Return to “General Discussion”