Scotland Rep

The club's Scottish area is run by Kevin Bax and can be reached on scotland@joc.org.uk
KevinB

Scotland Rep

Post by KevinB »

Hi everyone.

You'll have seen from the last post that Richard Gibson has stepped down from the role of Rep. for Scotland owing to ill health.

I'm sure we all wish Richard well at this time. Richard chose to sell his Interceptor last year.

Richard had been the Scotland Rep for the last 5 years and before that I was the Scotland Rep. and have been accepted to take on the role again so that we do have an Area Rep.

I'll post a list of shows and events that are happening in Scotland and hopefully we can meet up at some of them.
Kevin B
Healey Mk1 1140/10091

Scotland Rep.
shaun

Re: Scotland Rep

Post by shaun »

Nice one Kevin.

Good luck.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

Thanks Shaun, good to hear from you.
Kevin B
Healey Mk1 1140/10091

Scotland Rep.
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

So, I said I'd compile a list of shows and events. I did that before my dinner and saved it as a draft but goodness knows where it's gone. I'll start again.

A lot of the events are listed in the Scottish Vintage Vehicle Federation Year Book 2024. svvf.org.uk. On their website is a list of stockist where the Year Book can be purchased for a fiver.

I recommend checking out www.caledonianmsc.freeuk.com Caledonian Classic and Historic Motorsport Club. They do some excellent tours. Anne and myself will hopefully be taking part in four of them this year.

If you have any events local to you that you are attending then please add them here and maybe we can meet up at a few of them. If we can get a number of Jensen's to an event then maybe we can have a club stand. Otherwise I'm guessing individual entries or entry with your local club.

I'll hope to be taking part in the: Red Hackle Tour with CCHMSC; Bridge Of Allan Show; Kilrymont Vehicle Show St. Andrews; Perth Classic Car Show; Museum Tour with CCHMSC; Leven Car Show; Glamis Castle Show; Teasses Show, Fife; Fife & Ochils Tour with CCHMSC; Biggar Classic Car Show; Ladybank Show; Rally of the Borders with CCHMSC.

Hope to see some of you there.
Kevin B
Healey Mk1 1140/10091

Scotland Rep.
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

Will there be Caber Tossing?

We will need pictures!

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

RockyUSA wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:08 pm Will there be Caber Tossing?

Rocky
Only if you can play the bagpipes, otherwise you're excluded from caber tossing. At least that's what my dad told me. He was a Scotsman.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

Well, I couldn’t believe it, but I went into the pub and had left my bag pipes in my car. After I ordered a pint, I realized I had left my car unlocked, and rushed out…. But it was too late -

Somebody had left another set of bagpipes in the car!

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Definition of a gentleman:

Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes - but doesn't...
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex

Return to “Scotland”