Ferguson Formula FF get together 2024

Post advance news of events you will be attending
shaun

Ferguson Formula FF get together 2024

Post by shaun »

I received this from Bill Munro, author the excellent Traction for Hire, the story of Fergusson Formula, regarding a potential all makes FF get together next year.
More information will follow but as Jensen was a major player in the development of the FF system, I hope that we can get some Jensen FF's there.

Ferguson 4WD Get-Together

Back in May 2019, some of you were kind enough to bring your vehicles to the launch of my book, Traction for Sale. I’m sure that those of you that did take part would agree with me that it was a really enjoyable day out, with so many enthusiasts meeting for the first time, and some old Harry Ferguson Research and FF Developments people meeting up after many years.
I had begun to plan a reunion for 2020, but Covid put a stop to that almost as soon as I’d started. In July I met up with a 4WD Capri owner at Gaydon, who brought his newly finished car to an Old Ford and Rootes event and, over lunch, we agreed that I should organise another get-together.
This is why I’m emailing you all, to see if there is enough interest amongst you all to make such a meeting worthwhile. It will certainly be a great opportunity to meet (or catch up with) fellow enthusiasts.
I would hope to get at least 12 cars of different types, including some that weren’t at the book launch.
I think Gaydon is the best venue, as it’s centrally located and they run regular events throughout the year. Joining in with one of these would attract a far greater footfall than a private event would and is marginally cheaper per entrant. (£9 per car against £10)
Gaydon’s 2024 programme has not been released yet, so it’s not possible to say what event we could join up with, or when, but I’ll get on their mailing list to ensure I know as soon as possible when it has been set out.
If you used to work for either Harry Ferguson Research or FF Developments, car owners would really appreciate you coming along and talking to them about your work.
So, please let me know if you’re interested in principle, what time of year would suit you best, or if you have any suggestions as to alternative venues, what we might display besides the cars etc.

Best regards

Bill Munro
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: Fergusson Formula FF get together 2024

Post by Chris_R »

I met the owner of one of the FF Triumph Stags at the Stonor Park event just a week ago. Presumably he (Bill Munro) will know how to contact him?
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Helen

Post by Helen »

Hi Shaun,
This sounds like an excellent idea and I am happy to go. I had a chat with the Capri owner at Tatton Park in August but don't have any contact details. I know the date is dependent on Gaydon but May would be good or possibly October to avoid clashing with planned events. Are you making a list?
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

Do FF Capris and FF Stags have dual air-scooper vents on the sides?

How can you tell them from the regular vehicles?
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Helen

Post by Helen »

We did a photo shoot for Classic and Sports Car magazine in 2012 with the Mustang Ferguson FF and Triuph Stag FF. Although modified to make the parts fit, the only external indication on the Mustang and Stag was a badge on the back panel.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Being derived from the Triumph 2000 the Stag engine bay was designed for a straight 6 engine so there was enough space to accommodate the front drive without modifying the body. The only real differences are a lump taken out of the floor next to the transmission tunnel to take the front propshaft and they had to cut away part of the sump for the same reason.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
shiraz kid

Post by shiraz kid »

Do you have Bill's contact details please?
PAUL.
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

shiraz kid wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:27 pm Do you have Bill's contact details please?
PAUL.
I'll send them to you via PM Paul.
Martin.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
jsngold

Post by jsngold »

‘I’d be very interested in going. FF 149 is performing well in its shakedown on the private road that I’ve been able to use and should be on its first outing next week after nearly 40 years off the road.
I would be also grateful if I could have Bill’s details.
Charlie
FF1 Int1 SP TVR Chimaera Triumph Sprint 995 Triumph Trident T160 Ossa 310 MAR
Never lost just temporarily unsure of my position.
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

I’ve shared the link to this thread with Bill Munro.
Hopefully he will respond directly rather than just passing on details.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
EarlswoodBill

Re: Ferguson Formula FF get together 2024

Post by EarlswoodBill »

Hello all. I'm currently talking to the people at Gaydon to see if I can secure a spot at a suitable car club day. I have a contact list for all who own Ferguson 4WD vehicles and those that are interested in them, on Mailchimp, so if you would like to be put on it, please respond direct to my email address bill@earlswoodpress.co.uk with your name. Just for GDPR purposes, please accept that in doing so you are giving me permission to use the data you provide for the sole purpose of contacting you in respect of this proposed event. Bill Munro
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: Ferguson Formula FF get together 2024

Post by VFK44 »

Welcome to the Forum, Bill.

I hope you stick around after the event, and are able to contribute your knowledge to the FF section in future.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
JENHART

Post by JENHART »

Chris_R wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:08 am I met the owner of one of the FF Triumph Stags at the Stonor Park event just a week ago. Presumably he (Bill Munro) will know how to contact him?
Did you see the manual or automatic FF version?
Attachments
IMG_5968.jpeg
IMG_5968.jpeg (560.93 KiB) Viewed 360 times
IMG_5970.jpeg
IMG_5970.jpeg (740.57 KiB) Viewed 360 times

Return to “Events”