Swiss Classic British Car Meeting

Post advance news of events you will be attending
Richard_2

Swiss Classic British Car Meeting

Post by Richard_2 »

I have just booked the Scenic Car Tours trip to Switzerland including entry to the Swiss Classic British Car Meeting at Morges and thought I would post this in case anyone else is interested in going. Having been to both Switzerland and this classic car meeting before, I can confirm the show is amazing and the scenery in Switzerland is stunning.

I have copied their introduction here:
Combine a wonderful trip to the Swiss Lakes and Mountains with the Swiss Classic British Car Meeting. From palm-lined lakeshores to sparkling glaciers, from medieval villages to buzzing cities, Switzerland packs in an incredible number of sights and the concentration of attractions is unrivalled worldwide. Discover the very best of Switzerland at your own pace on this amazing road trip.
The Swiss Classic British Car Meeting will take place on the quays and in the park of the charming medieval town of Morges in Switzerland on Saturday from 10:00 to 17:00. Morges, is one of the most attractive towns on the shores of Lake Geneva. Over 1500 English cars and motorcycles from all over Europe will converge on Morges and the event attracts around 25,000 spectators, who feast their eyes on these exquisite cars. To protect the integrity of the event, only British cars over 20 years old can be accepted, however, we do offer a spectator’s package which includes all of the elements of the tour except inclusion in the event itself.

Explore the attractions of the Bernese Oberland region of central Switzerland which include the holiday resort of Interlaken. Here, you can visit the viewpoint at Harderkulm (1321 m) overlooking the towns of Interlaken and Unterseen. You can also take a trip on the cog railway to the top of the Jungfrau, Europe’s highest-altitude railway station at 3454 m. At the heart of the UNESCO heritage site, the railway runs steeply up through a tunnel to the Jungfraujoch from Kleine Scheidegg. Why not take a cable car from Mürren to the top of the Schilthorn, made famous in the James Bond movie, On Her Majesty's Secret Service? This location was the hideout of Bond's enemy Blofeld and known as Piz Gloria.
Richard Fischer
Jensen SP
Anton001

Re: Swiss Classic British Car Meeting

Post by Anton001 »

Hi Richard,

Is there a website of this event??

Anton
Jensen Healey Mk1 1123 / 11016
Jensen C-V8 MK3 112 / 2419
Jensen 541S / S1079

www.jensenholland.nl
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

https://www.british-cars.ch/index.php/fr/

Morges is worth going to, maybe 1'500 cars. We were there with our International in 2018. It is quite an informal evemt. Mollis is the other large British car meet in Switzerland. Equal in size, and also quite informal. We're usually at on of the events with our club, but not this year.

The Concours may be something for you Anton, held in Zurich and Ascona:
https://www.swisscarconcours.ch/

I've never been, but judging by the pictures it may be worth it. I think one of our members was a judge at the event in Zurich last year (as a Porsche expert). I don't know how a Jensen would fare here, but it would be interesting.

https://www.zwischengas.com/de/VC/veran ... -2022.html

There's also the St. Moritz Meet, which is quite posh- but may be worth considering (another C-V8 from Holland attended a few years ago):

https://www.bccm-stmoritz.ch/
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Richard_2

Post by Richard_2 »

There is a bit of confusion regarding the tour I have booked regarding the date and I am in contact with the organisers to clarify the situation.

Once that has been resolved, I will post an update here with a link to the website.

Regards,

Richard
Richard Fischer
Jensen SP
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

The link is in the previous post. Get there early, bring swim trunks if it‘s nice weather, strowl down the main street of Morges (only 2 blocks away), buy some local white wine.
IMG_2894.png
IMG_2894.png (109.06 KiB) Viewed 579 times
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

jvcarrier

Post by jvcarrier »

Interested in doing this,
Is there likely to be a Jensen contingent any particular hotel.
Regards
John
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

That's a question for you, Richard, I think. We as a club will be attending another event in the autumn (the Steckborn hillclimb).
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

I met someone today who is from Morges who told me that the British Car Event is moving from Morges because of the "noise".
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Chris_R wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:11 am I met someone today who is from Morges who told me that the British Car Event is moving from Morges because of the "noise".
You're right, I just checked the website. They didn't do a great job communicating that fact on the website. St. Prex is right next to Morges, and you have to register to attend. I didn't think Morges was all that noisy, it didn't interfere with the car meet :D
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

felixkk wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:37 am I didn't think Morges was all that noisy, it didn't interfere with the car meet :D
You can always drown it out by revving your engine.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Stuartjensen
JOC International Weekend Organiser

Post by Stuartjensen »

Yes Gill was taken to task by an older Morges resident complaining about the noise of all the old cars and the band. One of the pnalties for sitting in the passenger seat in a right hand drive car? The resident didn't notice where the steering wheel was :roll:
Stuart Allan
Jensen Healey Owner for four decades
Now an SP as well
Richard_2

Post by Richard_2 »

Having queried the date with Scenic car tours I received this reply.

"For as long as we have been doing this tour/event the date and location has remained unchanged, and the organisers who we regularly work with did not make us aware of the change, so it is disappointing (and embarrassing!) that you found this information before us. I will feed our disappointment back to the organisers.

We are working on securing the hotels to delay the tour by one week to take place 02-09 October 2023."

As a result I am unfortunately no longer abler to attend as I have another engagement that week.

However, I believe the Jensen Swiss car club will be at the show and will make all Jensen owners welcome should you decide to attend.
Richard Fischer
Jensen SP
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

How odd. I too was not aware about the change in venue until Chris' post, but we were not aware of any changes in the dates as the event is not in our programme this year. I'm not sure why Scenic Car Tours would mention us, I don't think we've ever been in contact, but it's nice that they are aware of us. Maybe one or two of us will be there this year, but we have no formal plans to attend.
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

preisman

Post by preisman »

I registered for this event and forgot. I haven't posted in a while as the Interceptor has been getting some much needed love. It SHOULD....god willing....be ready this week or early next week. I am still on the fence about driving down to Switzerland, but it is something I very much want to do this fall.

I would feel a lot better, and more conformable, driving down with anyone that is willing. I live about 6 hours north of where the event will take place.
MkII Interceptor 125/5148 (1971)
Fiat 124 Abarth (2019)
Jeep Wrangler LJ Rubicon (2005)
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

We (JCC) won't be attending this year as a club. I can ask if anyone is going though.
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

Return to “Events”