Jensens on TV

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Mark1Stu

Re: Jensens on TV

Post by Mark1Stu »

Is “convertion “ shorthand for the conversion of a saloon car into a convertible?
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

Hello mIke, I hope all good with you.

JPS built the Horton bat-mobile. He was very proud of it, and It was my favorite Jensen back then, I would own it now.
His and Dave Bateman's place didn't do body stuff, Spray teck used to do a bit (they painted Lord Adams PRA along with many others, PRA was covered in micro blistering, even though then, still quite young.

I liked Dave, funny as there was a rumor he had died and went around, Then he was seen with the model aircraft club & my mate called and said, I just saw a bloke the spit of Dave! It ofcourse was Dave! No idea how that all started.

Dave did try to sell my dad's SP, When it utterly wasn't for sale, when being serviced at Gasoline ally at Horton & Bateman Classic's as was then (with his 250,00 parts stock, which was ofcourse wasn't, it was Tony Dickson's stock, who owned and run Marshall Dickson-A wonderful man Tony was, one of the nicest most helpful blokes you'd be lucky to meet, he would open up for a part if you were in the crapper-any time), Trouble was ,The man Dave tried to sell dads car, was to my then saturday boss who was restoring dads DBS and who had also sold dad said SP! That was Dave, But a lovely bloke, a rouge with a heart!

He tipped up at Excell show, Grant will recall, It was great to see the old B'stard!
The days of the old guard Mike B, FF Ron, Squadron leader Lord Adams!, Peter S, Dave H, The Brighton metropole massive! Blimey that is showing some serious age on my part, wasn't there, but as a new junior member was in spirit, It looked so awesome! Should re-print those days, They were indeed Salad!
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

The 541 in the Castrol advert is up for auction at Bonham's next month!

viewtopic.php?t=34864
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

The 1958 film "Innocent Sinners" has a JNSN lorry at the traffic lights near the beginning.....
David Devine

Post by David Devine »

Just watched a rerun of Kingdom and saw this Interceptor convertible. Show about a solicitor in Norfolk played be Stephen Fry. He drives the Alvis.
DSC06729.JPG
DSC06729.JPG (280.22 KiB) Viewed 333 times
DSC06730.JPG
DSC06730.JPG (553.8 KiB) Viewed 333 times
shaun

Post by shaun »

dvla has it showing still taxed.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
Series3Jensen

Post by Series3Jensen »

Hi all

Last note I have on SKX 7 L was that it was in Brightwell's Auction 11.04.2018 but was withdrawn
Chassis No 136/8472
Started life as a Coupe and was converted in circa 1989 - may have been a reason behind its withdrawal
Also i believe it has a different engine
Featured in TV Series Kingdom in 2009

Regards

Jim Smith
JOC Mem No 1639
136/8791 RJF 17 Owned since September 1978
SMaley

Post by SMaley »

‘To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid’

Return to “General Discussion”