Restoration show 2023 - Adam Fischer's Healey

Here's where to post photos of your cars. We all want to see your Jensens!
zacmarshall

Restoration show 2023 - Adam Fischer's Healey

Post by zacmarshall »

This is Adam Fischer's 1973 Jensen-Healey mark 1 TGU120L, on the stand at the 2023 Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show

Adam has owned the car for just over 5 years and used it daily for the last 4 years which has been his first and only car. Adam is also among the younger of our members being in his 20s.

It has traveled over 60,000 miles around the UK and Europe with many more left in her. He has done the vast majority of the mechanical work including gearbox rebuilds, moderate engine rebuilds, electrical work and welding repairs himself.

Adam regularly wins the award in the club for the most miles per year.

At the show he plans to do:
• Driver side door lock – he’s sure one of the brackets is out of shape
• Door lock seals
• Replacing engine mounts
• Replacing fuel filter
• Possible exhaust manifold swap

The first 3 photos are courtesy of Classic Car Weekly and Richard Gunn

The SP in the photos belongs to Adam's father Richard

C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
adamleamy

Re: Restoration show 2023 - Adam Fischer's Healey

Post by adamleamy »

Great car, Adam! Saw my first one when we lived in LA ages ago, and that shape still thrills.

And well done for taking on those projects in front of such a crowd. There's lots of us who will be inspired by that.

Sincerely,

Adam
Adam J. Leamy
Victoria, BC
Canada
1975 Interceptor Convertible
2311-1635
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

I hope Adam has recovered from the show, his car got a lot of attention to the point he was unable to do some of the work planned. Adam and his car were a very good advert for the Healey which is what the show is all about.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
adamleamy

Post by adamleamy »

That’s just terrific news!

Adam
Adam J. Leamy
Victoria, BC
Canada
1975 Interceptor Convertible
2311-1635
SRS2000

Post by SRS2000 »

Very nice motor car, you can see it's had a lot of time and attention put in to it, 5 stars Adam.
Interceptor MK1 115/2937 (1968) YBP 5G (Genghis)
adamfschr

Post by adamfschr »

Thank you for the positive comments guys, it's hugely appreciated!
And yes a lot of work has gone into my Healey, it's worth every bit for the fun it provides with many more miles to go.

Zac's point was very true in that I was talking on the stand for hours on end so did not get a chance to tackle any of my planned jobs! (The only work I did was replace the exhaust silencer mount on Sunday afternoon which had sheared off)
However, I much preferred promoting the JH to all the visitors, particularly the younger audience which to me made it all the more worthwhile exhibiting there.

Would like to thank Zac for all the effort he put into organising our clubs presence at this event.

Also watch out for an upcoming issue of classic car weekly, I had a brief chat with Richard McCann who is going to publish the interview.

Cheers,
Adam
Adam Fischer
Jensen Healey MkI - TGU 120L

Return to “Members' Cars”