Jensen Tours 2023

Post advance news of events you will be attending
Hoges

Jensen Tours 2023

Post by Hoges »

Hello,

You will have read in the latest magazine that I have organised a number of tours for Jensen owners to take part in. These events follow a tried and tested programme and are suitable for all types of Jensen motorcar so it would be good to see some of the earlier models turn out.

The first event is the Dambuster Tour. This is a visit to see the the only privately owned Lancaster bomber at RAF East Kirkby followed by a visit to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight at RAF Coningsby to see the only flying example of this amazing aircraft this side of the Atlantic. You will also be able to see their collection of Spitfires and Hurricanes. An overnight stay at the Petwood Hotel at Woodhall Spa on a Dinner B&B basis is included in the price which is likely to be in the region of £250 to include all admission fees. Places are limited by the RAF to just 15 people and so early registration with me at tours@joc.org.uk is advised.

The Second tour is a two day tour around the Cotswolds and Herefordshire borders to take place on April 25th -26th. . The hotel I've chosen is the 4* Hilton Groups Puckrup Hall, again on a dinner B&B basis and we are limited to 20 cars. The price is £400 per car. The routes we will be taking will avoid most of the honeypots and take in some of the more interesting villages that tourists don't get to see.

The third tour is one of two Coast to Coast tours I have planned. The first one take place in June and is based at a hotel just outside Tiverton. Places are limited to 19 cars. The plan is to drive a figure of eight taking in the south coast on day one and the north coast on day two. Again prices are based per car and includes Dinner B&B for two nights. At the moment I am being quoted £375 per car.

The fourth and final tour of the year take place in September at the Morritt hotel near Castle Barnard. This tour follows the figure of eight principle and sees us heading west on day one to the Midland Hotel at Morcombe for an optional afternoon tea before heading back across the moors to our evening dinner. The next day we head off to Whitby and the famous Magpie Cafe for some of their famous Fish n Chips before heading up to Runswick Bay and later back to the hotel for the final dinner. Cost is likely to be £425 per car.

Phil Fish and Chris Reed have posted elsewhere about some of these events but I have been advised that the south coast tour might need a change of date as its too close to the International meeting and Classic Le Mans event so if that is the case I would be happy to see if I can change the dates. Please let me know if that would be helpful. Regards, Paul.

Return to “Events”