Monthly Meeting - March

This post is currently vacant - If you are interested in filing the post or organising an event, please send an e-mail to areas@joc.org.uk.
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Monthly Meeting - March

Post by Mark Maniatt »

Howdy All,

Stand by your beds.Heres news of this months get together and I think it should be another blinder if I'm not mistaken.

For March we have a visit to the Stump Cross Caverns and visiter centre near Pateley Bridge,(Not far from Harrogate)This attraction is in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales and features easily accessable limestone caves which are below the main building.This is Pot Holeing for the lazy if you like.Perfectly safe but seriously enjoyable.The centre has a very good cafe/restaurant selling excellant food at very reasonable prices.Stairs lead down to the cave and it is well lit with high ceilings and laid out walkways.Take a look at the website at: www.stumpcrosscaverns.co.uk

While Denise and I were there yesterday,we spoke to the owner regarding next Sundays visit and he cheerfully mentioned that the Ferrari Owners Club will be there later on that afternoon which goes to prove that they are not to choosey who they let in :roll:

The address for Stump Cross Caverns is:-

Greenhow
Pateley Bridge
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
HG3 5JL
Tel. 01756 752780

On this occasion the intention is to meet on the outskirts of Leeds and then take the scenic drive through Otley and Blubberhouses to Stump Cross.With this in mind,please take note of the following details of the meet venue:

The Lawnswood Arms
Otley Road
Adel
LEEDS
LS16 7PH

Road no. A660

Meet time : 10.30 am.Leaving @ 10.45 am.

If you miss this time slot,drive through the centre of Otley,cross the river bridge,up the hill then straight ahead to the Blubberhouses crossroads.Turn right then 1st left,signposted Stump Cross.Follow your nose until the T Junction then turn left to Stump Cross,about 3 miles on left.Dead easy!We will be there about 2 hours or so before moving off to our next venue.

From Stump Cross we will drive the scenic route to Bolton Abbey where we will park at Bolton Abbey Railway Station which is the Terminus of the Embsay and Bolton Abbey Steam Railway.This railway was only recently relaid and refurbished and is a little gem in the heart of the Dales.

For those who wish to we should have time to take the train to Embsay and back before having a last cuppa in the wonderful old tea rooms before heading our various ways.The web site for the railway is:-

www.embsayboltonabbeyrailway.org.uk

This particular monthly meet will be ideal for the children so please come along one and all.

PLEASE NOTE/

THE OWNERSHIP OF ANY FORM OF JENSEN VEHICLE IS NOT REQUIRED IN ORDER TO ATTEND !!!!!!!

Just come along and Brendan and I will welcome you to the fold.

Finally.My contact no. in case of problems is: 07802 934256

See you all there,

Mark & Brendan
Jazz and Jensens.There is a God
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
Darren

Post by Darren »

Hi Mark Brendon looks like another great day out and this time I can join you with my new aquisition, just one slight problem it needs a slightly bigger parking spot that a conventional interceptor but I'll be riding HIGH.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/ ... C04344.jpg

We'll be there but may meet you in Otley so keep your phone handy so we can join in the convoy at a convenient place.

Darren
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

Most people get a chocolate egg for Easter Darren :lol:

Knew you could be relied on.Looks like one nice Inty you've gone and got yourself that man.Is that dedication or what???

See you Sunday mate,

Mark
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
brendan

Post by brendan »

Hi Darren

Why did you need the AA.
I though it was the indicators that where playing up.
Will you have it ready for Sunday.
To play out with the rest of the Jensens
8926 136/8195 BJM 639
Darren

Post by Darren »

Oh so news doesnt travel as quick as I thought, I presumed you all knew?
I fixed the indicator problem about an hour after the posting, it was just a bad earth. I then set off to meet Dave Newby at Ferry Bridge with the two little ones, but didnt get any further than junct 28 M62. The Engine was a fresh rebuild from the now defunct Richard Appleyards and it has done a total of 30 miles in 2 years since the rebuild. Its just a shame he didnt know that bearings need fitting the correct way up to keep the oilways clear, and that a 9" crack in the block is not a good start for a rebuild. have a look at these.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/ ... C04341.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/ ... ited-1.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/ ... 45copy.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/ ... C04346.jpg

damaged block, cracked crank, at least 2 con rods, main bearings and big ends etc etc :( :cry:

Our good friend and fellow Jensen nut Andy Brooke has sourced an engine for me already and it will be delivered Friday but it looks as if I be Jensenless again this Sunday.
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

Leaves you all day Saturday to fit the new engine.Its what made Britain 'GREAT' :lol:

Guess its the jeep again then.Never mind.Does look a very nice Interceptor all the same.

See you Sunday

Mark
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
brendan

Post by brendan »

Hi Darren

That’s a s**ter about the engine.

I know you only bought it to attend events while your other is of the road.

The worst thing is that I live just off Junction 28.

Never mind (easy for me to say) Andy is a good lad he will look after you.

See you on Sunday any way.

Brendan
8926 136/8195 BJM 639
peter7221

Post by peter7221 »

Hi Guys
Pete and Jane cant make this one booked a weekend in Whitby on Monday to make up for the Artic Easter weekend in York. Wont get back to Wake until 12 at the earliest.But on the bright side at least be in the Int next meet as i will tax it for April.
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

A very many thanks to everyone who turned up for todays Yorkshire Area Meeting.I think I can safely say a good time was had by all :lol:

Once again,extra special thanks go to our Regalia Secretaries,Colin and Diane Mayes who travelled all the way from Spalding,a four hour round trip.Also Andy and Christine Brooks who came all the way from Derby,some three hours there and back.Their dedication and support, I'm afraid to say,put the majority of our Yorkshire members to shame.
However,all is not lost.We were pleased to have Dave and Charlie Jackson back after Daves' recent spot of ill health.

As usual,Darren and Helen plus the kids and Brendan and Sherrie and Katie were on hand to join Denise and I for another Yorks Area success.

Plenty of room for many more though next month, so get your cars out and add your support.Use it or lose it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Maybe next month.........
Pity it nearly coincided with the first 3 Counties meeting near Letchworth which I went to on Saturday. That would have been a massive jaunt from Herts to Yorks, particularly as I had been to Essex on Friday.
The Interceptor is now gleaming again after much washing and polishing!
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Shortie [a.k.a Katie]

Post by Shortie [a.k.a Katie] »

Hi Guys

The Yorks meet this month was really good.

And Mark even managed to get most of us on a train...again

:twisted: :D

But Really it was brilliant as usual.

I had a really great day out

But my dad forgot the camera so yoo'll have to ask Mark for the proof

Love Shortie

x x x x
brendan

Post by brendan »

Hi all ':wink:'

Once again a cracking venue.

Down a cave back up for dinner nice drive for a ride on a steam train then back to the pub where we all metup for a fare well drink.

As Mark has said a great day out for all the family just a shame that there are not more Yorkshire folk attending.':cry:'

Martin nice to here from you will you be at the next meeting with your shiny car witch one is it TUT or CRB.'8)'

Roll on!!! next one so don’t forget don’t book any thing for the last Sunday in the month apart from attending the area meeting. ':D'

Jensen’s would be nice if they are off the road you will be just as welcome in your euro box.

So come on lets make April the big one':?' like the man said use it or lose it.

Thanks Brendan
8926 136/8195 BJM 639
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

You have an open invitation anytime you can make it Martin.Always glad to see you.Bring our mate Zac as well :D

Seriously folks.Try to get out to the April meet if at all possible.The weathers starting to get there and the company is first rate.Do your best.News of venue coming soon.

Best,

Mark
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

Mark,
I would have really like to come this time, I went to the 3 Counties meet on the Saturday and it would have been nice to do both but Yorkshire in a 1.4 Corsa with u/s speakers isn't my idea of fun! I'm envious you all had a good time!

Regards, Mike
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

Howdy Mike,

If I could run to it I would happily send a car and driver down to collect you :lol: I'm beginning to wonder whether Brendan and I are in the wrong area :?: Still,in all fairness, the better weather has yet to make appearance so maybe some of our Yorkshire members will do us proud yet!

THAT WAS A HINT IN CASE YOU DID'NT NOTICE ALL YOU OUT THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Pie Man :wink:
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep

Return to “Yorkshire Area”