JH radiator badge

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Bob Heydon

Re: JH radiator badge

Post by Bob Heydon »

A replacement bonnet badge would work. Most current bonnet badges are only push fit secured so a similar sized replacement depicting 50 years should be a simple swap.

Would the manufacturer be able to replicate the similar pins on the rear of the badge to allow it to be secured to the bonnet? I'll raise the question with Raj.

Would there be any interest in a 50th anniversary key ring? There was one for the 40th; I no longer have mine as it wasn't fire retardant :(

Personally I'd also buy a windscreen 'car tax holder' style sticker with JH 50th logo.
Rob Heydon
J-H and GT Registrar
JH MK1 11988
JH Mk2 16813
1950 LE Vellocette Mk1
JOC 2059
kees

Post by kees »

A car tax holder would only cover the UK members. They are no good in Europe. There may be a reasonable market for bonnet badges in the NL as there are about 65-75 J-H registered. About 30 of these are member of the HJGH.
There is a renowned couple in the UK who can design and manufacture properly shaped (double curvature) copper/chromed/enamelled badges of high quality: Pamela David Enamels??
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Cheers Kees
I thought it was a good idea ,obviously depending on how difficult it would be to produce and cost,,I suppose I shouldn’t really stick my or in as I resigned from the club a while ago
Regards
Peter Heywood

Post by Peter Heywood »

I guess the car is 50 years old in the USA as well, from launch at least. The JHPS don't seem to be doing a 50th badge but have some nice ones. http://www.jhps.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Sc ... ode=JHPS-B
Could we not get together?
Helen

Post by Helen »

Hi Everyone,
I can't remember when Dave fitted the Owners' Club badge on the bonnet but it was a long time ago!

I agree a commemorative badge the same dimensions as the original is a good idea. A window sticker is the easy option. The only other place is to fit it to the front bumper next to the number plate. I think I have seen several JOC badges there.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II

Return to “General Discussion”