JH radiator badge

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
george1611

JH radiator badge

Post by george1611 »

Hi all
Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section,but,is anyone looking into offering for sale in the memorabilia shop any type of badges ie radiator,lapel or cap badge to celebrate 50 years of the Jensen Healey,,,I’ve noticed there is a few for the interceptor model ?
Regards
NHK10P

Re: JH radiator badge

Post by NHK10P »

Probably best described as a grille badge. The JOC commissioned a limited number for the FF 50th celebration in 2016 so already have a suitable manufacturing contact I would have thought? I certainly think the 50th warrants a decent enamel grille badge.
Tim Hatcher
North Devon
Mk1 JH
Jensen GT (2 of)
MGC GTS (all steel)
AC 3000me
MGBs various states
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Hi
I’ve looked and tried several ways to find out if any memorabilia for the JH 50th will be available,but up till now nothing,maybe there’s not enough of them in UK to warrant producing anything compared to the interceptor ,maybe someone in the states my knock something up ,I will wait in anticipation,,,
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

We just talked about this a couple of days ago, wanting to do one following the same pattern as the Interceptor and FF badges.
The Healey doesn't have a suitable radiator grille to fit a badge to so where would you put one?
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Hi ya
Bonnet,either front wing or boot lid ,and obviously the windscreen if it was a sticker,but,I think it deserves better than just a W/screen sticker don’t you ,what is the general opinion
Regards
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Definitely deserves better than just a windscreen sticker.
It's a tricky one. Personally I don't think if it was me that I would stick something on the bonnet or the boot.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Hi
Apologies if I’m wrong but doesn’t Helen have a badge on the bonnet of her JH ,not sure what it was for possibly best in show or something,it is a good example
Regards
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

I don't know George. I'd have to see a picture.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

George, Helen does indeed have a JOC badge on the bonnet just above the Healey Badge.

Here a picture of the David Driving the perfect Healey. A quick Google search
Attachments
IMG_0097.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG (69.44 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Hi ya

Good to know my memory still works now and then,thanks for the photo,it really is a good example,don’t suppose she’d be up for a swap heh heh
Regards
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

The critical question is would Healey owners be prepared to fit a 50th anniversary badge directly to the paintwork in that location? It can only be either magnetic fixing which might risk scratching the paint, or adhesive fixing which may have issues later if they want to remove it again. Almost certainly I can't see anyone drilling holes there to fix one on.
If owners would put a badge there, great, we could have one produced. If no, we risk being left with a lot of unsold badges.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
yellowhealey

Post by yellowhealey »

i don't think personally i would drill a painted body panel but the front or rear bumper would be ok. just a suggestion as per the design we could use the bonnet badge shape & layout with 50th anniversary written through the centre of the H
Kevin Crafts
Jensen Healey MK1
Yamaha RD400F
Kawasaki Z650 C3
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Hi all
How does the original bonnet badge fit on ? Could a 50th anniversary badge be made to fit in its place ,so it would look like original badge with 50th anniversary added ,or same idea to wing badge ??
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Chris_R wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:01 am The critical question is would Healey owners be prepared to fit a 50th anniversary badge directly to the paintwork in that location? It can only be either magnetic fixing which might risk scratching the paint, or adhesive fixing which may have issues later if they want to remove it again. Almost certainly I can't see anyone drilling holes there to fix one on.
If owners would put a badge there, great, we could have one produced. If no, we risk being left with a lot of unsold badges.
You could always do a quick questionnaire on here Chris listing options,,I.E. Grill type bagde, replacement Healey Badge or a window sticker.
This way your have a better idea of what's wanted and a better idea of which would sell
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
kees

Post by kees »

An alternative bonnet badge to replace the original sounds like a very good idea to me. It is reversible and no extra holes in the bonnet are needed.
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977

Return to “General Discussion”