Is Harry teasing us?

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Martin R

Re: Is Harry teasing us?

Post by Martin R »

I've discussed this car with JOC member Mark Maniatt and we both feel that as the whole transmission is lifted from another car, it's not really an FF anyway. So, why not just do this to a knackered Interceptor instead of doing it to an ultra rare, one of only 320 FF's?
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Martin R wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:03 pm I've discussed this car with JOC member Mark Maniatt and we both feel that as the whole transmission is lifted from another car, it's not really an FF anyway. So, why not just do this to a knackered Interceptor instead of doing it to an ultra rare, one of only 320 FF's?
Agree.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

The video has now had more than 200k views. This more than Harry’s F40 vs Countach video up loaded more than a month ago.

99% of comments are positive about Jensen’s on his YouTube page.

Over the last week the clubs Twitter account has seen an uptake in followers.

Some may not agree with what has been done to this FF, but at least it has helped with the Jensen mark and clubs profile.
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Be nice if that joined the club, that would be a better response
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
mwilliams2

Post by mwilliams2 »

Not sure I've been watching the same video as others posting here, but Harry Metcalfe seemed more enthusiastic about this FF 'R' than most of the other cars he has tested. He's clearly a fan of the Interceptor/FF but this restomod is clearly much faster and also more aggressive in character than an original. Metcalfe is a highly respected motoring journalist so his report has to be good for the Jensen marque.
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

I like watching Harry's videos, he doesn't shout or scream, just good informative comments of old and new alike, with no drama. I've just watched his video on taking a £4000 '69 Silver Shadow to the Arctic circle, a typical untidy wedding car that could do with some love. :)
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

I like his vids too. Nothing too flashy and nicely balanced.
These resto mod cars puzzle me a bit. I understand the modern reliability aspect, but that only lasts for so long. In say 10 years time, such cars are neither classic nor modern; I'm not sure to whom they will then appeal.
I say, take an appropriate donor vehicle, (an otherwise knackered one) go the whole hog and put electric motors in it... go hard or go home as they say...
mwilliams2

Post by mwilliams2 »

I expect JIA will go over to electric power for their new restomods at some stage and their existing GM engined cars will be converted to electricity at some stage.
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

He flip flops between Interceptor and FF, which is annoying- and inexusable for a motoring journalist. Does he mention how incredibly rare the FFs are? He forgets to mention how the FFs were light years ahead of his beloved Lamborghinis- when did they introduce the 4wd or the ABS? First thing he says that the owner wanted an everyday car, then decided to sell it when it was completed, he himself struggling with the drive. Not really much of a sales talk for the FFR. He also says thank god it has 4wd with so much power. Where does that leave the JIA Interceptors? Then a small swipe at the original leaf springs. He- of course- does not miss to mention how much they consume. Never mentioned, not once an issue when he's sitting in a Lamborghini- I find it hard to believe that there is much of a difference in mpg, as if that mattered in the larger context. He also says they are lazy. I'm surprised any of you are thrilled by this video. What's the chassis number of this car anyway? Didn't find it on the JIA page or in the advertisment (odd). Is it 255?
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch

Return to “General Discussion”