Are cars selling at this time?

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Rek

Are cars selling at this time?

Post by Rek »

Dear All,
Advise required.
I’m keen to sell my Jensen which I advertised on here in August: https://joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=238066#p238066
No interest really which surprised me, but as I’m keen to sell I would welcome your thoughts on the best way forward. The easy answer is to say that perhaps the price is too high but with no interest or feedback this may not be the case as I felt it was well priced in the market.
Regardless it needs to go so welcome all thoughts
Thanks
Rek
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: Are cars selling at this time?

Post by Chris_R »

I think cars are selling but sales do drop off at this time of year although I have read one report that indicates some sales are buoyant perversely as a result of Coronavirus lockdowns where people haven't travelled about as much and suddenly find themselves with a wedge of money to spare they didn't expect to have.
I think you are to be applauded for offering it for sale within the club via the forum but I think the reality is that most active forum users already have one (or more) Jensens and are not the people who are buying. You've tried the forum, I think you have to widen your market and look at other ways of selling. Consider the Classiccarsforsale website, CarandClassic website, commission sale or auction house.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

In addition to what Chris has suggested, I'd consider putting an advert in one or more of the glossy car magazines ((Classic and Sports Car, Classic Cars, Octane). You'll need to give it 2 months to circulate around the world - but I'd hazard a guess you may find an overseas buyer wanting to buy into the marque willing to pay good money.

Work hard on concise, attention drawing narrative and professional standard pictures (with a good backdrop)....and try not to fold or become disillusioned by the comments of chancers. There are a small number of discerning buyers out there. In my experience, originality and top quality restoration is where to find the money.

Good luck. Keep us informed of what works for you. I won't be far behind selling mine!

Stuart
Last edited by Mark1Stu on Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rek

Post by Rek »

Thank you both for your thoughts.
Wise and insightful words much appreciated
Clive
Rek
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

You could always place a picture add in the next JOC magazine... I'm surprised the GS didn't say this, as there are club members that are looking for a car and would be happier getting an ex-membes car knowing it's been well looked after.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Colin is of course quite right, you could add an advertisement to the club magazine, that reaches the entire club membership worldwide. It's free for personal advertisements such as this. Unfortunately the next issue has just gone to the printers so too late for this. If you wish, it could be in the following issue.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Rek

Post by Rek »

An advert in the magazine sounds a very good idea. What do I need to do?
Thank you
Rek
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

All you need to do is, send a good description of the car, work done and such and a couple of good photos then email it all to ads@joc.org.uk asking to be included.

Don't forget to include your email address and/or phone number plus your asking price
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Mark Ell

Post by Mark Ell »

Pick a London dealer and see if the will sell the car for you. They will of course charge a commission however they have the showrooms and the footfall. Tell them what you are looking for and they will be able to guide you and tell you what they want in return.
128-4562 G Series III interceptor
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Hi Rek
As has been suggested widen your advertising. I stopped to look at your car recently when it was at you local garage for service and was impressed by its quality. Although obviously only a cursory look round I feel it will be a good buy for somebody, be patient.
All the best
Graham
Ex Orton resident.
Rek

Post by Rek »

Thanks Graham much appreciated
Rek
jvcarrier

Post by jvcarrier »

Have you had a look at The Market - seem to present cars well and only charges a low fee, worth looking at.
Rek

Post by Rek »

Thanks
Rek

Return to “Cars For Sale”