car 'survey'

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
mogsy

car 'survey'

Post by mogsy »

Hi, new to the forum so treat me gently.
I am considering buying a s111 interceptor, I live in Cornwall,so everywhere is a bit of a hike so was thinking of getting someone who could do some sort of condition check on one based in Oxted Surrey

Thanks
nrb993

Re: car 'survey'

Post by nrb993 »

HI,

I am near Oxted, happy to assist, if you PM me your details we can chat. I might also have more details about the INT MKIII as I the Interceptor Registrar

regards
Neil
:D JOC Interceptor Registrar 8)
Restoring JH2
Interceptor MK III 'H' series - yellow
Used to own FFII - 127/223 :lol:
-- JOC 5114 --
DPP

Post by DPP »

Whereabouts in Cornwall are you, there aren't many of us down here.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
mogsy

Post by mogsy »

Hi, I live in Michaelstow, St Tudy, roughly between Bodmin and Camelford.

regards

John Morgan
johnw

Post by johnw »

mogsy wrote:Hi, I live in Michaelstow, St Tudy, roughly between Bodmin and Camelford.

regards

John Morgan
My advice, being me, would be to buy an FF. :D :) :o . I have never owned any other type of Jensen, so this is absolutely not an informed choice as such. I have never regretted buying a Jensen so far. It must be number 10 now. All Jensen's I bought were bloody amazing. I do think about other variants. 541s, CV8s, Pre War, SP, and Mk3 to do a manual SP conversion. Fear, intrepidation, high prices, prevented me from making the plunge on several other models, but not on other makes! I HAVE BOUGHT OTHER MAKES. I have f'cked them up, run them into trees etc. So far thankfully, not a Jensen. Time is on your side. The Mk3 is gorgeous. Those alloys. The interior. The 440 Mopar V8 world wide recognised as the best engine ever, except by me who prefers 383's. The exterior. OMG. It is perfect aesthetically, apart from the slightly longer bonnet on the FF, which really takes the biscuit. The Italians are forever pissed off that they didn't design this car for Ferrari.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Wilson Way

Post by Wilson Way »

Welcome
The best piece of advice i can give you would be to contact Jon Pymm Also known on here as Pymmie he lives in newton Abbott (Surprisingly by choice :lol: ) he is the south west rep for the JOC you can find his details on this forum
he helped me find mine (I'VE NEVER FORGIVEN HIM) there are massive pitfalls to avoid
as they say its smiles per gallon :-)
good luck
toys did include
1971 Volvo P1800E
1985 E30 M3 2.3
S2 E-Type Caterham MGB and virago 1100
now 128-4832 ..... ERY 445L now changed to 3030 MW
One of my favourite quotes “Quality isn't expensive, it's priceless.”
johnw

Post by johnw »

One more thing to add. Prince Philip, car expert that he is, seen here is in this nice family vid albeit towards the end, https://youtu.be/Lymc9Jj_E3U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, don't let the expert Welsh vocals distract you from the truth, which is true, but... Phil tested the Mk1 FF, said it was bloody amazing, God Save The Queen. Wider Still And Wider, Shall Thy Bounds Be Set!!! 4 1/32"? Obviously this refers to the Mk3 440 bore of !!! OMG??? Please don't shoot me for treason, well not just yet if it pleases you maam... 3 3/8ths? is that good enough? Phil liked it Maam.... FFF100 4 1/32. Off with his head. Hmm. Maybe a Mk3 440 was the safe bet after all!
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom

Return to “General Discussion”