Jaguar XJR (X300 6 cy) prices vs condition on the continent?

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Martin R

Re: Jaguar XJR (X300 6 cy) prices vs condition on the contin

Post by Martin R »

Per wrote: Thing is I have a weak spot for the first gen supercharged XJR. (XJ40 version was unchanged enginewise.)
Then it has to be the X300 I guess 8)
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Dion

Post by Dion »

Per wrote:even if being a V8
The seller entered the wrong data I think because it is a 6 cylinder.
Easy way to tell are the chrome strips on the front and rear bumpers. 6 cil have a full length one piece, V8 is split.
A further easy clue is the dash. 6 cil has a pod with instruments, V8 is has full length wood with sunken instruments.
The future ain’t what it used to be.

Interceptor Mk1 LHD & RHD
GT LHD

Post by sticky »

Steve Payne wrote:A friend had one a few years ago that he had to scrap due to rust underneath, it looked perfect on top apart from stone chips but underneath the mounts for the rear axle were all moving due to corrosion. He did get a quote to have it repaired but it was going to cost more than it was worth. In the end it went on Ebay and he got a reasonable figure for it from someone who was going to repair it.

If I remember correctly the electrical system had a mind of its own, doors that would not lock on the central locking one day but would be find the next, same with the windows.

On a big plus it was an amazing mile muncher, you could be doing 100mph and it felt like 50mph in a lesser car. Very comfortable and he was truly sad to see it go.

Steve
Hi Steve all your thread above sounds like a jensen :roll:
sticky by name stick at it by nature !!!!

Return to “General Discussion”