Mark I FF for auction in Australia

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Dino Fritz

Mark I FF for auction in Australia

Post by Dino Fritz »

Hi everyone,

Hopefully the following link will work: https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/20 ... 1F0O3CC52/.

I must admit that I was surprised at the low estimate of AU$70k to $90k, but then I realised that it had a rollbar fitted, an engine swap to a 440, so let's see how that will impact the final price.

Cheers, Dino
Jensens.........when does it ever end!
Pymmie

Re: Mark I FF for auction in Australia

Post by Pymmie »

Here’s a few pictures

Now & then.

I believe it was once crashed quite badly

John P
Attachments
33D93118-D6B0-43EB-B78A-1B278D87DEFB.jpeg
33D93118-D6B0-43EB-B78A-1B278D87DEFB.jpeg (95.39 KiB) Viewed 6967 times
D58DB991-26CA-4BCD-ABD5-C6269F83CB8C.jpeg
D58DB991-26CA-4BCD-ABD5-C6269F83CB8C.jpeg (40.69 KiB) Viewed 6967 times
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

what a great looker
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Grant

Post by Grant »

cannonball wrote:what a great looker
I thought you had sent me a pic of this before Dunc out of the FF book you borrowed?.. The wheels in the pic with it in Silver look wicked don't they!! :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Roh

Post by Roh »

Grant wrote:
cannonball wrote:what a great looker
I thought you had sent me a pic of this before Dunc out of the FF book you borrowed?.. The wheels in the pic with it in Silver look wicked don't they!! :P
Yeah, nah.
1964 Jensen CV-8 II
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

It must be remembered this FF 1 was a RALLY car back when. It has been stored for some time. May have been damaged at some time. Eager buyers will have to spend a few dollars bringing up to excepted standard. Cross your fingers and yourself if bidding.
Price is reasonable. Some history and exchange rate at $2 to the pound makes it a (top estimate $80K) 40K sterling car. British buyers add transport. Kenny38 8)
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Although it was crashed whilst rallying, having spoken to the owner some years ago (2009), he told me that it was essentially cosmetic damage and the chassis was OK.
I had no reason to doubt him - he wasn't selling it back then so there's no reason for him to tell me that. At that time he did say it'd been repaired but he now (in 2009) only raced it in the wet, as it was more competitive.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Apart from the roll cage the interior needs some attention.

John P
Attachments
Velour front seats
Velour front seats
f2.jpg (489.9 KiB) Viewed 6806 times
Damaged rear seat
Damaged rear seat
f1.jpg (467.47 KiB) Viewed 6806 times
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Not a lot to sort there
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
FFPL

Post by FFPL »

https://youtu.be/jf_JIYM6a08?t=264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Craig-H

Post by Craig-H »

$72,000
Grant

Post by Grant »

Craig-H wrote:$72,000
Aus $ which is around £39k/gbp
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

I wonder if it’s on the way back to the UK?
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Don't be surprised at the "low" price of $72K. I just got a copy of Survivor magazine all values of "classic" cars in Australia. A good Jensen Interceptor will cost you around $42K Approx 20K GBP. But very scarce. They only take estimates (mainly)from auction results and really Jensens only come up rarely and are generally "orphans" and are never, if ever, good quality. Few Jensen Interceptors
come to the market and that market has just about cleared the junk into a pile of project "one day". Most are sold by word etc and queries from the public. I think last quality Inter. sold for $100K but prices are around $70-85K.For SP's add another $5-10K Have not seen an FF for sale for years. I think the finest FF3 in the world lives in Australia. The one at auction needed a deal of work so to bring up to scratch (not pristine) so spend another $20K.No idea who bought it. Perhaps Calver R. will know. The Australian market is VERY dominated by Hero cars such as cheap for average guy when made Ford GT's/Monaro350's local Toranas. In fact if a Ford GT HO Phase 3 (at the time fastest 4 door road car in the world) hits the market think 700K-1 Mill. Of course classics such as Etypes/AM's are (in particular Etypes)selling at stupid prices. The heat has gone from the Austin Healy market some what and in not too distant future the Bogan cars selling to mortgage free 50+ will go into free fall. Kenny38 8)
Roh

Post by Roh »

kenny38 wrote:Don't be surprised at the "low" price of $72K. I just got a copy of Survivor magazine all values of "classic" cars in Australia. A good Jensen Interceptor will cost you around $42K Approx 20K GBP. But very scarce. They only take estimates (mainly)from auction results and really Jensens only come up rarely and are generally "orphans" and are never, if ever, good quality. Few Jensen Interceptors
come to the market and that market has just about cleared the junk into a pile of project "one day". Most are sold by word etc and queries from the public. I think last quality Inter. sold for $100K but prices are around $70-85K.For SP's add another $5-10K Have not seen an FF for sale for years. I think the finest FF3 in the world lives in Australia. The one at auction needed a deal of work so to bring up to scratch (not pristine) so spend another $20K.No idea who bought it. Perhaps Calver R. will know. The Australian market is VERY dominated by Hero cars such as cheap for average guy when made Ford GT's/Monaro350's local Toranas. In fact if a Ford GT HO Phase 3 (at the time fastest 4 door road car in the world) hits the market think 700K-1 Mill. Of course classics such as Etypes/AM's are (in particular Etypes)selling at stupid prices. The heat has gone from the Austin Healy market some what and in not too distant future the Bogan cars selling to mortgage free 50+ will go into free fall. Kenny38 8)
Those price guides are always years behind the times and are of little worth for pricing marques that have small sales numbers.

I'm not so sure about your statements about the Austin Healeys and muscle cars. Decent Austin Healeys are still around $100k, but perhaps they were more expensive than this? When it comes to Aussie muscle cars, these were the icon cars of my childhood and I'm still two decades off retirement age, so I'm not expecting their prices to tank anytime soon. I know plenty of people my age with halcyon Australian muscle cars and many of them are being treated to restorations. If you look through the Australian classic car magazines you will see that Australian cars are becoming rarer, with the majority of classic cars being of more recent USA imports.
1964 Jensen CV-8 II

Return to “Cars For Sale”