Calling all mk1 interceptor owners

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Calling all mk1 interceptor owners

Post by RAP72 »

Seeing we are all looking for things to do could I ask all Mk1 Interceptor owners to email me with their chassis number in the subject line and, at the very least, the condition of their car in the body of the text. Obviously if you wish to update your page with information and photos that would be much appreciated.

If those that are on social media, I believe that is the term, could post the request too I might be able to get some of the old cars on or off the list.

nil carborundum etc.
Series3Jensen

Re: Calling all mk1 interceptor owners

Post by Series3Jensen »

Hi Steve

In my checking of all Jensen Interceptor's, i have come across some historical information on a number of cars that are not recorded on your list

Some of this information dates back many years, so the cars may not exist
Some of the later information only dates back to the last 20 years and this may increase the possibility of these car surviving

Would you like me to send through information on some of the cars not yet on your list, to see if it warrants you recording it?

Jim Smith
Mem No 1639
Int 3 136/8791
RJF 17
Owned since September 1978
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Yes please Jim

You may have seen that I have asked on here and Facebook for MK1 Interceptor owners to check that their cars are listed and just drop me an email with the chassis number and condition. The first 2 replies I got were within a couple of numbers of each other . I keep a simple spreadsheet of the basic information so that I can cross refer either an original Registration number, or the latest one I have seen, to identify the chassis number. I also try and identify where the car is and when it was last recorded. This in turn feeds my summary page which I use to update the Numbers Page on the main website see http://www.joc.org.uk/Interceptor_Mk_1/ ... tions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

hope that makes sense
SRS2000

Post by SRS2000 »

Think you have my car up to date Steve ? 115/2937 Cheers
Interceptor MK1 115/2937 (1968) YBP 5G (Genghis)
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

SRS2000 wrote:Think you have my car up to date Steve ? 115/2937 Cheers
yes thanks.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

as at today the numbers are 38 'found' this year

on the road - 19 - 50%
restoration - 9. - 23.68%
for sale - 10. - 26.32%

please keep the information coming. After all, apart from napping, I have done all the other jobs

Return to “General Discussion”