Sale of new Petrol & Diesel only cars to be banned from 2035

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
cannonball

Re: Sale of new Petrol & Diesel only cars to be banned from

Post by cannonball »

Come on Great Britain,, I reckon the great got up n f'ed of years ago,what a boring life my grand kids-kids are going to have, I doubt there will be any point in leaving the house,,the worlds f'ed itself with technology, I reckon it was a better place a year after world war 2 at least people had aspirations
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Grant

Post by Grant »

cannonball wrote:Come on Great Britain,, I reckon the great got up n f'ed of years ago,what a boring life my grand kids-kids are going to have, I doubt there will be any point in leaving the house,,the worlds f'ed itself with technology, I reckon it was a better place a year after world war 2 at least people had aspirations
I totally agree Dunc.. but it is mainly because we are getting old, I can remember as a kid going down the road to see my Nan & Grandad as they lived just around the corner from us and they were constantly saying "Remember when Croydon was like this, Oh the shops were great, all changed now ya know, not like it used to be".. and I believe it is all like that for us now, everything was better years ago etc.. don't get me wrong.. I totally agree with you and what you say, but I think it is our age Dunc I do, I came in for lunch yesterday and sat here and watched our daughter who is 30yrs old now feed the nipper and never took he eyes off of her Iphone...I went back out to the barn thinking what sort of world are we in now, she and the rest of the world can't hold a conversation anymore without just checking their phone every 10 seconds, or showing you a stupid something on it..I am not one of those people as you know, no smart phone for me because I don't want to be one of those types.. yes technology.. its great and clever, brilliant and here I am using it to tell you this, but I can sit here and talk at the table without looking at my phone.. it drives me Nuts!! I am the odd one out though and have been told many times I am an odd ball..Good.. I happy to be one :lol:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Chris_R wrote:China is the worlds biggest manufacturer of cars and the worlds biggest car market. I thought I read a couple of years ago that China was going to ban the sale of petrol and diesel cars and also that hybrids would not count as low emission cars. I think they're already the worlds biggest maker of electric cars and put more electric cars on the road in a year than the rest of the world added together.
This might be true but all China will do is build another couple of dozen coal powered power stations as they have plentiful supplies of coal, they cant go Nuclear as they are on an Earthquake zone.

Times are changing for all of us, hopefully the powers that are in charge will also hit the other major sources of pollution i.e Air travel and shipping. I suspect if we were to come back in 200 years it will be a very different world hopefully for the better but I suspect it wont be as free as we are now.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

We've all witnessed the arrogance and hypocrisy of the elites. Politicians, Royalty, Celebrities and the ultra-rich.
They tell us our place, how we must behave, while they do whatever they want.
A few countries will still be pleasant places to live. But Western countries, with the possible exception of the USA, will be mired in Muppetry, the populace brainwashed with relentless propaganda into enthusiastically participating in their own downfall. It's been happening for some time.
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Steve Payne wrote:
Chris_R wrote:China is the worlds biggest manufacturer of cars and the worlds biggest car market. I thought I read a couple of years ago that China was going to ban the sale of petrol and diesel cars and also that hybrids would not count as low emission cars. I think they're already the worlds biggest maker of electric cars and put more electric cars on the road in a year than the rest of the world added together.
This might be true but all China will do is build another couple of dozen coal powered power stations as they have plentiful supplies of coal, they cant go Nuclear as they are on an Earthquake zone.

Times are changing for all of us, hopefully the powers that are in charge will also hit the other major sources of pollution i.e Air travel and shipping. I suspect if we were to come back in 200 years it will be a very different world hopefully for the better but I suspect it wont be as free as we are now.

Steve
Surely not all of a country the size of China can be on an earthquake zone? There must be lots of it that are sunny and windy too?
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Whatever would we do without Google, eh?
:) :) :)
Screenshot_20200213-201903_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200213-201903_Samsung Internet.jpg (45.04 KiB) Viewed 5698 times
00234.jpg
00234.jpg (128.21 KiB) Viewed 5696 times
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Grant wrote:
cannonball wrote:Come on Great Britain,, I reckon the great got up n f'ed of years ago,what a boring life my grand kids-kids are going to have, I doubt there will be any point in leaving the house,,the worlds f'ed itself with technology, I reckon it was a better place a year after world war 2 at least people had aspirations
I totally agree Dunc.. but it is mainly because we are getting old, I can remember as a kid going down the road to see my Nan & Grandad as they lived just around the corner from us and they were constantly saying "Remember when Croydon was like this, Oh the shops were great, all changed now ya know, not like it used to be".. and I believe it is all like that for us now, everything was better years ago etc.. don't get me wrong.. I totally agree with you and what you say, but I think it is our age Dunc I do, I came in for lunch yesterday and sat here and watched our daughter who is 30yrs old now feed the nipper and never took he eyes off of her Iphone...I went back out to the barn thinking what sort of world are we in now, she and the rest of the world can't hold a conversation anymore without just checking their phone every 10 seconds, or showing you a stupid something on it..I am not one of those people as you know, no smart phone for me because I don't want to be one of those types.. yes technology.. its great and clever, brilliant and here I am using it to tell you this, but I can sit here and talk at the table without looking at my phone.. it drives me Nuts!! I am the odd one out though and have been told many times I am an odd ball..Good.. I happy to be one :lol:
Hi Grant

You have just Described my daughter Carly she is a lovely beautiful girl with 2 daughters the youngest Dottie is just over a yr old so getting in to everything carly is constantly looking at or on her phone I think she is part Kardashien and the nipper gets hardly the attention yet Lou my wifey and her granie has her a couple of times a week and is constantly inter acting with her like life used to be, its a balls up matey, most people wont admit it because they are addicts to
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
RayR

Post by RayR »

earthquakes.JPG
earthquakes.JPG (49.69 KiB) Viewed 5640 times
Google snapshots should come with a warning - trust at your peril.
MkIII Interceptor (140 8488)
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Show off!
I'd be lost without Google.
RayR

Post by RayR »

Agree, Google is a wonderful tool and would like to think it has expanded my general knowledge. Does come with a lot of caveats though! and I have seen some downright terrible items on the (very few!) areas where I consider I am well versed.
MkIII Interceptor (140 8488)
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

This is interesting reading
https://www.sott.net/article/429084-New ... -to-shreds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:shock:
Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

SOTT is not the place I'd go to get any reliable information- except maybe on the latest UFO news :roll:
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

The elephant in the room here is world population. It is growing exponentially and is figured to be 10 billion mid century. When I was born in the dark ages it was 3.5 billion. It is just common sense and stands to reason the this cannot just go on and on, with each individual demanding food, a place to live, and a meaningful life . I can see now way out of the world growing forever and ever more crowded , with the quality of life lowering with each successive generation wanting what the lot before had (and more) and blaming them, struggling and fighting for diminishing resources but with no way out or way forward but to carry on the way progress demands. On that cheery note... :D
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Not to worry.
That highly-qualified PROFIT of Doom, Greta Thunberg, is teaming up with the unimpeachable BBC in order to lead all
us obedient Muppets into the Promised Land and away from Climageddon.
Screenshot_20200214-162108_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200214-162108_Samsung Internet.jpg (67.29 KiB) Viewed 5540 times
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

guys, we're part of probably one of the last generations with combustion engines. But let's keep -beside the chaos in climate discussions followed by hazardous political chaos solutions-, the positive rememberance of our time: a 100% IT free engine, carburetors with adjustment screws instead of bluetooth connection and apps to adjust...
The time when cui could only be beaten by more cui...
On the other side enjoying nowadays comfort using the internet, for qualified information, spare parts aso.?
What I'm able to tell you being in contact with MIT, Fraunhofer institute, some universities in Russia and also China that they're working with high pressure on the solution on our world wide energy problem by melting nutrinos - like we are having patience with our V8's until they're working smooth, give them time and money - it's well invested.

I remember my first racing car a Volkswagen Scirocco, I pampered him with a double Weber and he improved from incredible 75bhp to astronomous 105!!! Today I'm using my laptop and by adapting power and ct curve I'm getting out of simple 450 bhp (Ferrari 430) easy 560 bhp (Ferrari F430 Scuderia) without changing any screw - that's our nowadays life! (and to be honest - I hate it)

And if they intend to get all our nice cars without electric drive train 'grounded' - I'm just working on a Lola T70 to integrate an electric drive train (preferably from Bosch - made in China!), so let's deviate the stupid political restrictions by engineering - and quite for sure I'll be ready until 2035 :D :D :D

Have fun
Yours
Wolfgang
Jensen Interceptor MKIII convertible
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Lotus Super Seven (Westfield)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be

Return to “General Discussion”