LHD Dashboard Remake for Interceptor MK1,MK2 and MK3

Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 45 days
JensenRemake

LHD Dashboard Remake for Interceptor MK1,MK2 and MK3

Post by JensenRemake »

We are a small company for fiber glas prototyping.
As we have demand for LHD dashboards for Interceptor MK1, MK2 and MK3, we would like to offer those to the members of the club.
Mouldings where taken from original dashboards and reproduced in fiberglas-compound to original specificationd and dimensions with all original fittings. Together with out trim shop we are proud to offer the dashboard fully retrimmed.
Wouldwide shipping from our Workshop in Germany available.
Last edited by JensenRemake on Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: LHD Dashboard Remake for Interceptor MK1,MK2 and MK3

Post by VFK44 »

Whereabouts in the world are you? As you are offering LHD I would guess it's not the UK. You can add your location into your profile so it's always visible.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Grant

Post by Grant »

VFK44 wrote:Whereabouts in the world are you? As you are offering LHD I would guess it's not the UK. You can add your location into your profile so it's always visible.
I guess the chap could be in Germany Stevey >>> Wouldwide shipping from our Workshop in Germany available. :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

It does look pretty incriminating for me, but in my defence, subsequent editing of their original message to insert that information was involved!

by VFK44 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:34 pm
Last edited by JensenRemake on Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:17 pm

Maybe I can go back to my original post and edit it to read "I'm sure you are based at a Workshop in Germany". :lol:
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Dion

Post by Dion »

It probably would be less confusing if a message cannot be edited anymore after a second message appears on the same topic.
The future ain’t what it used to be.

Interceptor Mk1 LHD & RHD
GT LHD
Grant

Post by Grant »

:oops: :oops: :oops: from Me.. Sorry Steve :( dodgy mincers :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
CF-105

Post by CF-105 »

JensenRemake wrote:We are a small company for fiber glas prototyping.
As we have demand for LHD dashboards for Interceptor MK1, MK2 and MK3, we would like to offer those to the members of the club.
Mouldings where taken from original dashboards and reproduced in fiberglas-compound to original specificationd and dimensions with all original fittings. Together with out trim shop we are proud to offer the dashboard fully retrimmed.
Which version of the Mark 3 dash are you producing? The original, or the one with the wood inserts?
autofahrer

Post by autofahrer »

It is the original dashboard
Last edited by autofahrer on Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
gentlemanexpress

Post by gentlemanexpress »

smeylaerts

Post by smeylaerts »

JensenRemake wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:27 pm We are a small company for fiber glas prototyping.
can you give me the website please

thanks
Grant

Post by Grant »

smeylaerts wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:33 pm
JensenRemake wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:27 pm We are a small company for fiber glas prototyping.
can you give me the website please

thanks
Smeylaerts :D ..I don't think we ever heard of him/her after he posted this and a couple of other promises about rubber mountings, he never logged into the forum again and answered anyone, so maybe a bit of a moonlighter?Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
smeylaerts

Post by smeylaerts »

ahhhh ok, than ks a lot

I was interested because I need a new MkIII black dash for my car

Thanks again
johnw

Post by johnw »

I was very skeptical when I saw the first post on this thread! The problem I see is that the modern vinyl is not the same, doesn't bend the same, and requires different stitching and techniques, and won't sit right on a Mk1 dash. It is just about doable though. On a Mk3, there is no chance really, as the covering was super thin and vacuum formed. So you need to reproduce the entire vacuum moulding system like one firm in the USA do, or produce a new dash mould/core, different dimensions to the original, that when hand trimmed with modern Vinyl will look exactly the same as the old one, and have the same dimensions when trimmed up. 3D printing/milling, computer modelling may or may not help. It is also a lot of work to remove the old vinyl and reprep the old skeleton dash. That is my take on the problem. A 1990s TVR dash was far simpler to make. Jensen really made one of the coolest dashes ever. The more you look back, the more impressive this was. I do think the cheapest way to go for now is filling in cracks and retexturing with patterned rollers and liquid vinyl as some mobile workers do. Someone posted results on here and they looked OK.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Grant

Post by Grant »

John..Don't you remember someone posted that Video of a Mk2/3 dash being re-vac-covered on here, the place that done it was in Australia and the video showed the process, I am sure it was LHD too, but not sure enough, and I can't find the thread that had the video on..I know there is a chap up-north here in the UK that can re-vac a RHD drive, but yes, as you say, the vinyl is slightly different, Gav on here got a RHD one and I saw it, it is a lovely Job but the not exactly the same Vinyl.
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

Here they are, either in the USA or in Aus, doesn't matter what hand it is either.. there is even a pic of an Interceptor dash >>>
https://www.dashboarddoctor.com.au/resk ... estoration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHUTtk6 ... e=emb_logo
http://www.justdashes.com/2016/01/just- ... ion-video/
Re-skinned Int Mk3 Dash.jpg
Re-skinned Int Mk3 Dash.jpg (158.29 KiB) Viewed 3862 times
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage

Return to “Parts For Sale”